Urgent Notice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Interesting, Got a few phone calls which I ignored, then got one of these letters this weekend, followed up by an identical email today. Full generic text here: https://dishnetworkmail.com/servlet/formlink/f?KpkoQSRWRVLuHptVIpttpgnxiLiiLjQgLlVJpKVSTU

I already have a 1000.4 which they upgraded me to several months ago when BBCA and others were unavailable on my mixed 110/119/61.5 setup. I called the number, the lady who came on explained they needed to migrate everyone who had 61.5 to 72 or 129. I explained I already have a 1000.4 on 77/72/61.5; she realized their records were mixed up and said everything is already fine, sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
I got the urgent notice and called today. The CSR told me that there are no equipment upgrade fees or service call fees, but that the 625 duo DVR I have needs to be upgraded and that will lock me in for another two years with Dish. Currently I have one dish pointed at 61.5 and another one at 110/119 so I guess I'd get the Eastern Arc if I did the required upgrade. Has anyone had to resubscribe for 2 years because of this required (forced) upgrade? I find it ridiculous, especially now that I'm not locked in anymore. I told the CSR I'd call back after I thought about it.
Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd argue the point that Dish is essentially forcing you to get HD equipment and shouldn't require any funds on your part. Ask to speak to the loyalty team if they are not cooperating. Worse comes to worse email ceo@dishnetwork.com about your issue.

magnum 2066, thanks for your comment.
The concern isn't so much about the upgrade fees because there "aren't any". It's the locking in for two years again that bothers me. :)

Considering the money Dish is investing in you, it's reasonable for them to expect you to be around for a while. I agreed to a two year upgrade and I already had my two ViP722s, IIRC. They did put up a 1000.4 though. Technology marches on, and not for free.

if you ask for an upgrade, then sure a 2 year is fine. but if they require you to upgrade, then they should not require a new commitment.
its not his fault, its thiers.

Dish is doing repoints in certain markets.When installed or upgraded work orders state certain orbitals to be installed. The tech will not always install the dish, dishes the work order states and will not modify the work order to reflect what the tech has done. So Dish calls customers and ask them certain questions some as simple as how many dish antennas they have ,if they see a certain ch. on their on -screen guide etc.

In certain markets they are migrating programming of of 61.5 to 129w , 72.7w and 77w .

If you have both Mpeg 2 and 4 eqiup. you don`t need to upgrade your receiver If you have a 2 dish solution ie. 61.5 ,110 w, 119w you have the 61.5 sat dish replaced with the 1000.4 but you stilll have to sign the 2 yr. You can cancell your current account if your prev. contract has exp'd. and have someone else in your household set up service This way you get all new eqiup. and get whatever new customer promos they have going on which usually means a lower monthly bill than you are currently paying .Its a 2 year commitment but everthing is brand new.Don `t take my word for it though check it out for yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts