Urgent Notice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes I have seen that. It is a sleazy direct tv marketing ploy. Don't buy it!!:mad: If the number is any thing other than 1-800-333-3474 it is not DishNetwork
P.S.Technically it is not direct tv proper but by a retailer selling direct.
Nonsense. The number that the OP called is in fact a Dish number established to allow upgrading of antennas so as to permit viewing all channels in your package. (Many of us with 110/119 and 61.5 can not currently receive a number of channels in our package.)

It's from dish

I've seen a few of these lately. It was setup automatically because the 61.5 was still on your account. Nothing needs to be done since you already see the 129 sat. Either cancel the work order or make a tech happy to get paid for nothing.

I was notified by phone earlier in the year. The reason was they said I was not getting all my locals in HD and needed EA dish upgrade. Back then I had 119/110 -61.5 and they said my account showed that Dish setup. I refused telling them I didn't care about HD locals since I have OTA antenna. The CSR said she would remove it from the work order.

Since learning from Sat guys that many HD channels would soon be lost plus new ones going to 72.7, I decided to install my own. Now I wonder if Dish can tell from my ethernet connection whether I have the EA installed now?

I called back and yes it is to upgrade me to the 129 sat location, I cancelled it. By the way SW GA is in western arc.

I got one of these letters as well and went to the CSR chat. I told him I already had 110-119-129 but he still wanted to set me up for a maintenance call. I said I don't need one and canceled the chat.

so i read all of this and have a question.

I am a fultime RV'er. I am currently in SW Texas. I am using a 1000.4 dish to pick up 110/119/129. In a month I am heading back to PA for the summer. Last summer I tried using the 1000.4 for 110/119/129 but could not pickup the 129 bird so I used 1000.2 antenna for 72/77/61.5.

Am I now supposed to use 1000.4 in PA? Did they relocate 129? I couldn't pick it up last year.

1000.2 is for WA (110/119/129) and 1000.4 is for (61.5/72.7/77). Are you sure you don't have them reversed as to how you used them? The 1000.4 comes with struts, the 1000.2 does not. Usually they are not interchangeable between arcs because of the difference in separation between 110/129 and 72.7/77.

I think you must have switched dish numbers. The Western Arc dish is the 1000.2, designed to pick up 110/119/129. The Eastern Arc dish is the 1000.4, designed to pick up 61.5/72/77. Due to the different spacing in the sky, it would be extremely problematic to pick up WA satellites with tne EA dish, or vice versa. Maybe you could "hit" 61.5 and 72 with the 119 and 129 LNBs of a 1000.2...

sorry. i did switch the #'s. I'm using the 1000.2 here in TX and have a 1000.4 for PA

well you can use either dish in either place, the only difference is going to be whether or not you get your local stations.

edit:
if you couldnt pick up 129 it was an aiming or line of sight issue...make sure you perform a checkswitch when you switch dishes.

so i read all of this and have a question.

I am a fultime RV'er. I am currently in SW Texas. I am using a 1000.4 dish to pick up 110/119/129. In a month I am heading back to PA for the summer. Last summer I tried using the 1000.4 for 110/119/129 but could not pickup the 129 bird so I used 1000.2 antenna for 72/77/61.5.

Am I now supposed to use 1000.4 in PA? Did they relocate 129? I couldn't pick it up last year.

My hat's off to you, for the efforts you must go thru in dish aiming! :hatsoff:

Also, I'm jealous. I doubt I'll ever FT, but I sure want to get back on the road again, in my nearly new fiver!

My hat's off to you, for the efforts you must go thru in dish aiming! :hatsoff:

Also, I'm jealous. I doubt I'll ever FT, but I sure want to get back on the road again, in my nearly new fiver!

Fulltiming was something my wife and I talked about for a while. We both took a buyout package from work in 2007 and hit the road for 3 months. Came home and, after all the cleanup work we needed to do with 3 months on the road, we sold the house and never looked back.

Aiming is not a problem. Usually takes me 5 minutes or so (after setting up the tripod). I use dishpointer.com to find my angles, set my viewfinder to find a good location for the dish and then my meter to lineup the dish (taking time to cover the two pickups I am not using to lineup). when I get the strongest signal i plug in the receiver cable and go to Menu-6-1 and check the signal insuring I am on the right bird. Uncover the other two pickups and verify signal strength. then I run checkswitch and let the channel guide download. All in all maybe 20 minutes work (not counting the channel guide download).

I called Dish about my "Urgent Letter", got appointment next week. They will replace my 2 dishes with a 1000.2, set a pole in concrete and bury cable, all for free. I called my local installer and he has all the needed equipment. Sweet...
Dan
PS: E* thinks that I still have a dish pointed at 61.5, this is why it's a free install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)