USALS HH motor for C band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Hi,

My searching has turned up void. Only a few outdated references found so far. Question:
Is there any current HH USALS motor capable of moving a six foot metal dish? Net weight is 29 Kg or 64 pounds. The motor should be powered from a 36 volt positioner or servo controller and not the coaxial line.

Thanks

Hi,

My searching has turned up void. Only a few outdated references found so far. Question:
Is there any current HH USALS motor capable of moving a six foot metal dish? Net weight is 29 Kg or 64 pounds. The motor should be powered from a 36 volt positioner or servo controller and not the coaxial line.

Thanks

The Jager can do it, but the trouble is, I dont think its made anymore. I had the same trouble I have a 4' dish that weighed 58 lbs. I used a STAB HH120. which works, but I don't use it in the wind.

Here is a thread on the Jager
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/36549-diseqc-actuator-polar-mount.html

I don't know I might be wrong but I would check with Sadoun.

The Jager can do it, but the trouble is, I dont think its made anymore. I had the same trouble I have a 4' dish that weighed 58 lbs. I used a STAB HH120. which works, but I don't use it in the wind.

Here is a thread on the Jager
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/36549-diseqc-actuator-polar-mount.html

I don't know I might be wrong but I would check with Sadoun.

Thank you for your reply. From the description the Jaeger SMR-1224 or SMR-1224EL should work. The EL version looks like it has Clark belt fine tuning capability and maybe can even track the Moon. It was made for dish sizes between 1.2 Meters and 2.4 Meters. Unfortunately, I think it's no longer available.

Time for a soldering iron :). My interest in more powerful rotors is more about speed. The coax powered ones are just too slow. I want full travel under 4secs. I know that would be a bit hard on a bud, but a ku dish should be able to do it or even faster. For c-band I'm still looking into horn designs. One made of foam, foil and fiber glass with a 90 degree aperture should be lite and strong enough to do it. The problem is building the controller and finding the right motors and drive train.

DiSEqC 1.2 .

converter

What we need is a converter module that would connect between receiver and jack motor to amplify current to jack motor. It may be even a simple relay system would work ?:confused:

I was talking to a fellow several months ago who said he knew a guy who had a drill for a dish mover on his BUD.The BUD is not far from me but I never checked it out.It sounds theoritecically feasable.I don't know either party.Any coments??

I was talking to a fellow several months ago who said he knew a guy who had a drill for a dish mover on his BUD.The BUD is not far from me but I never checked it out.It sounds theoritecically feasable.I don't know either party.Any coments??

He may be using a drill to "replace" the stock motor on a linear actuator?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts