Using depart feed horn and LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
582C75D8-5262-4078-9AEB-038AD36CDF0D.jpeg
582C75D8-5262-4078-9AEB-038AD36CDF0D.jpegI have a Prodelin / General Dynamics 2.4 satellite dish.

I have been using a standard LNB for my satellite receiver. I have been using a standard cheap LNBF with a cheap bracket bent to use with this particular antenna.

When I purchased this dish, I did not fully understand that, in order to get the most signal out of it, I would need to use a special feed horn and LNB.

I have purchased the feed horn and the LNB is on the way, but I have some questions pertaining to how to connect the LNB to the feed horn.

First, since the end of the feed horn is circular, and the end of the LNB is rectangular, can I connect it directly or do I need some type of waveguide?

Second, since I will need a separate LNB for horizontal and vertical polarities. What do I need to connect 2 LNBs to one feed horn?
s-l64.jpg
t
s-l64.jpg

In my opinion you have at least 3 options. I will list them in my preference sequence.
1- make ne holder and install LNBF like Inverto Black Ultra (IBU);
2- adjust IBU to original Prodelin feedhorn;
3- mess around flange LNB connected to original Prodelin feedhorn, polarizer and other expensive stuff..

The Inverto Black flange LNBs are very good for this application.
PSTARmount 007.JPG

But I also have PLL lnbs on an orthomode transducer.
KuOrtho1.JPG

Attachments

• omt-ku-ver2.pdf
    194 KB · Views: 408
Reactions: EmCommSat
View attachment 142646View attachment 142646I have a Prodelin / General Dynamics 2.4 satellite dish.

I have been using a standard LNB for my satellite receiver. I have been using a standard cheap LNBF with a cheap bracket bent to use with this particular antenna.

When I purchased this dish, I did not fully understand that, in order to get the most signal out of it, I would need to use a special feed horn and LNB.

I have purchased the feed horn and the LNB is on the way, but I have some questions pertaining to how to connect the LNB to the feed horn.

First, since the end of the feed horn is circular, and the end of the LNB is rectangular, can I connect it directly or do I need some type of waveguide?

Second, since I will need a separate LNB for horizontal and vertical polarities. What do I need to connect 2 LNBs to one feed horn?View attachment 142645tView attachment 142645
Hi can you help me with length of the the 3 rods holding your lnd, i got this same dish without any rods, just reflector only. I will be glad if you can get me the lengths si i fabricate mine. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts