Using USALS with SG-2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
My SG-2100 is doing all kinds of weid stuff like going opposite directions, etc. now since I removed my 1.2m dish and put back the 76cm dish.

How would the "reset" work on the SG2100?

Would I manually turn the dish to my most southern satellite (Nimiq 2) and set to "0" and then press "reset"?

Thank You
Dave

I have the dish tracking the ark now. Thank you all for the help.

One port of my dual 0.5dB LNB no longer works for some reason. I was careful to always turn off the power to the receiver before making connections, but something happened anyway.

I am now up and running using my 76cm Winegard dish.

Iceberg said:
move to true south and take a paperclip and reset it at the motor

I'm glad that it worked for him, but shouldn't one move the dish to the "0" position and then do the reset?

Craig

Craig Henrikson said:
I'm glad that it worked for him, but shouldn't one move the dish to the "0" position and then do the reset?

Craig

If you want to do it exactly, do it this way:

1. Goto a satellite with USALS like close to south.

2. Check with your signal meter if you get a better signal by moving the dish manually with the west/east button a few nudges back and forth, press only once on the west/east button on the motor each time you move it and check how many nudges or steps it is from USALS position.

P.S if you just hold the button pressed you will not know how many nudges you need to correct the motor with, you need to nudge only once each time to count the amount of steps you have moved it.

3. For an example, the motor is off 5 nudges to the west from the USALS position, move the motor back to reference position "0" with the receiver, now go to the motor and move the dish 5 nudges to the west by pressing the button 5 times underneath the motor, next press the reset button for 3-5 secs underneath til it shimmers orange/green and gets a steady green light, release button.

4. Now you have set EXACT "reference" zero position.

5. Now try to goto the same satellite with USALS to double check again, check the signal by manually moving it 1 or 2 nudges east or west to see if the signal is getting better or worse, it should not need to be corrected now if you have done it right, if it still needs 1 nudge or 2 go back to step 2 above and do it again til you have it tweaked.

6. Try another satellite now at the far east or west and also in the middle of the arc by using USALS once again, check the signal on those satellites also to see if the motor comes exactly right, if not correct go back to step 1 again and do it again with more precision this time.

NOTE:

All the above procedures assumes you have the motor correctly peaked with ordinary Diseqc 1.2 from the beginning before attempting anything else, above procedure is to make USALS work perfect.

If you don't already have the mount or motor correctly installed this method will never get you the exact "0" position.

Most USALS motors are not tweaked perfect and by doing my method you can get the EXACT "0" position.

This is ONLY possible on the Moteck motors, Stab doesn't have this feature to reset the "0" position.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts