Uverse internet finally available

I thought they did have a cap, or is that for dsl

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
If you got to AT&T's FAQ for Internet usage, DSL is capped at 150 GB/mo, while U-verse gets an extra 100 GB for a total of 250 GB. Still, the online Chat CSR insisted there was no cap.

I'm not sure what happened this morning, but our Residential Gateway reset to default settings. Hopefully this doesn't become a monthly occurance.

More weirdness with the Home LAN fallout after the reset. The DHCP reservation pages on the 2Wire RG, er, well, to put it in a family-friendly fashion, "inhale in a rapid noisy fashion". I'm about to go back to the Apple Airport TimeCapsule handing out DHCP addresses, but that requires putting the Apple TimeCapsule in the DMZ. And there's still no guarantee if the 2Wire box resets to factory that I wouldn't be cut off again.

In positive news, the Speedtest.net results have been increasing as the circuit "tunes" itself (I'm assuming) as I am now seeing over 21 Mbps down.

We have success! My new best bud in AT&T Tech Support was finally able to get the right people looking at the right systems in the right location to squash our U-verse Voicemail bug where the mailbox number was considered "Domestic Off-Network".

Now that we're a month into the service, even with the hiccups we've had, I'd say the service is outstanding. We get three to four times the download speeds for less money than we were spending on the old landline phone service. Voice quality seems fine; I've had only one call that had excessive echoing.

Wow, talk about a one-eighty. I got my second billing statement and two things stood out: a $100 charge for the replacement Residential Gateway that needed to be replaced, and the $36.05 a month discount for the U-verse promotion is now nowhere to be found.

Time to work the AT&T Chat system again...

Yeah I been real happy so far with my service and the download speeds are nice as well.

Wow, talk about a one-eighty. I got my second billing statement and two things stood out: a $100 charge for the replacement Residential Gateway that needed to be replaced, and the $36.05 a month discount for the U-verse promotion is now nowhere to be found.

Time to work the AT&T Chat system again...

?Did you get this worked out?

Did you get this worked out?
Yeah, no problem. I used the on-line Chat since I have had good luck with using it, and even though the Rep saw what had happened, their Tier Level would not allow them to fix it. I called the number they provided and had things back to normal in five minutes.

The $100 Router charge may or may not disappear on its own. They verified that the Pace Residential Gateway had been received back in September, but told me the credit system may take one to two billing cycles to credit the account. That could be bad if someone didn't have the $100 to pay the bill, even though they would get a credit the following month. Nice way to "borrow" small amounts of money interest-free!

Edit: Since you reminded me, I went and checked my on-line bill, and I see they credited me the amount I should be getting as a Promo, but there is a discrepancy of four days ($4.14) that should be added to the credit. To the Chat-Phone!!!

Last edited:
?Did you get this worked out?
Update: I thought it was worked out, with the receipt of the returned Residential Gateway and the acknowledgment of the RG being received, I was told I would see the $100 credit in "one to two billing cycles". Well, I got the e-mail the other day and was surprised to see that it was for the "normal" $53 for the services and fees + taxes, and not $0. I tried calling the special Account Retention number I had been given earlier and the phone told me that I couldn't dial that number from this area(!).

After an over 70 minutes of hold time using the normal 800 number for U-verse, I talked with a CSR who actually told me that I should be paying a monthly fee for my RG. I lost my composure after fifteen minutes trying to explain my situation as it seems there were no notes on my account(!) saying anything about the failed Pace RG and the replacement 2Wire unit sent. Eventually she escalated me to the next tier and things got better (but more hold time!)

I may be boned here. AT&T says that I did not return my 2Wire residential gateway. Well, AT&T did not send me what I had, so I had to send the original Pace back in the 2Wire box as that's all I had. The nice Technical Tier CSR said that my RMA had been closed, refusing the credit, because the equipment did not match. I had no control over what was sent, so I started to get a little hot again. She said that she couldn't open the notes up without the Tracking #, and I said that I didn't have it. I was confused (this was all from the first week of September) and eventually I found the transcript on my computer of one of the online chats I had about this issue. Then I pulled up the e-mail that had the retracing number (USPS, not UPS!) and after that, things got better.

So, I am still waiting for the $100 credit for the faulty Pace Residential Gateway, and it may not get resolved until next year. I had taken the day off to get some things done around the house and I spent close to four hours getting this "resolved". Maybe I should cross-post in the "Annoyed" thread in the Pub...

On a whim, I checked to see if they finally turned it on since installing the VRAD a year ago, and it said available, but for internet and voice only, no tv yet.

I do have my install set for this friday. My internet bill will darn near be cut in half, and my speed goes from our cable max of 7mbps to 18mbps.

Curious as to why tv isnt available yet? Not that I necessarily wanted it, but I might have gotten a low package bundle to have as a backup to Directv in bad weather.

got the same problem on the street i live on in daytona. have internet and voice but no tv. and i just checked again today. am thinking about switching my internet and landline from bright house to uverse. let me know what you think todd!

So, I am still waiting for the $100 credit for the faulty Pace Residential Gateway, and it may not get resolved until next year. I had taken the day off to get some things done around the house and I spent close to four hours getting this "resolved". Maybe I should cross-post in the "Annoyed" thread in the Pub...
I received an e-mail during the Holidays saying "your invoice is ready to be viewed." Yay! It, like our current temperature, is negative! The $100 credit finally went through. :up

I must say, other than this major hiccup with the Pace Residential Gateway and the replacement service, U-Verse has been great for Internet and Phone service. I've seen how clunky the HD DVR is at a friend's house, so I'm in no hurry to swap out Dish for U-Verse. It's nice to know that the 25 Mbps the techs verified on my copper is available to support up to 4 HD streams concurrently so that option is open, maybe in the summer/fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts