Uverse internet finally available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
On a whim, I checked to see if they finally turned it on since installing the VRAD a year ago, and it said available, but for internet and voice only, no tv yet.

I do have my install set for this friday. My internet bill will darn near be cut in half, and my speed goes from our cable max of 7mbps to 18mbps.

Curious as to why tv isnt available yet? Not that I necessarily wanted it, but I might have gotten a low package bundle to have as a backup to Directv in bad weather.

I received a card in the mail saying that the full U-verse was now available at my address. Like you, when I checked a few weeks ago, all I had available was the slower Internet speed (same as my current DSL) and no TV. I looked this morning and the Internet speeds go up to 18 Mbps down and all of the TV options are available.

Looking at bundle choices, I found that we can reduce our monthly AT&T bill by $15/mo (after the $31/mo promo expires in a year). Seems like a no-brainer.

In your case, I bet AT&T hasn't fully rolled out U-verse in your neighborhood. Before this, I believe the U-verse for our neighborhood was provided by the switching office which was too far away to allow the speeds needed to support TV in addition to voice/data. Since the TV channels you're watching are sent via IP packets from the switch to your home's DVR, this limits their ability to provide that service unless they can provide at least 12 Mbps over the 2-line copper phone lines.

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger on U-verse as well. AT&T is pricing their POTS in such a way as to force consumers away from it. My local service is currently $39/mo, but add in the fees and taxes and other cruft and suddenly it's over $50! I'm cutting that in half by selecting the Voice 250 plan at $25/mo.

Since the Internet charges are the same whether you get DSL vs. U-verse, that's a wash, but I can triple the download speed for $10 more a month. More is better, right AT&T?

The next thing to do is make sure the basement is clear enough so the AT&T tech can maneuver. :)

I do have my install set for this friday. My internet bill will darn near be cut in half, and my speed goes from our cable max of 7mbps to 18mbps.
Let us know how it went! If we don't see you on SatGuys, I'll still have time to cancel! :D

(Your avatar shows you're on, but you could be using your phone)

Well, my window was from 11-2. It is now 4:20 local time, and no show. I'm on my second call in now. None too thrilled about it either.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Still no install. After three calls they say tomorrow, I'm not sold on that.

I did get the install and modem fee waved, so we will see.

If they don't show up or call me tomorrow, then I'll be done.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Still no install. After three calls they say tomorrow, I'm not sold on that.

I did get the install and modem fee waved, so we will see.

If they don't show up or call me tomorrow, then I'll be done.

I understand your frustration.
I would not be happy either.
Hang in there. I have Uverse tv, Internet and phone.
Very happy.
Keep us posted.
Did you get the Visa card promo??

I understand your frustration.
I would not be happy either.
Hang in there. I have Uverse tv, Internet and phone.
Very happy.
Keep us posted.
Did you get the Visa card promo??

Specifics are a little foggy, but yes, I think I remember a card promo when I signed up. I'll have to go back and look to be certain.

Specifics are a little foggy, but yes, I think I remember a card promo when I signed up. I'll have to go back and look to be certain.

Remember there's no contract with
Uverse. If your not happy with them,
Terminate them! No disconnect fee.
I love that!!

Still waiting, and on the phone with them for the second time today........this is simply ridiculous.

Had a service call scheduled with DirecTV today from 8-12. Guy called me at 7:40, and was here at 8 on the dot.
Sent from my Nexus 7

Oh, I left out the best part. Before I decided to let them try again today, and before they offered the discounts, I had enough and told them to cancel the install. The lady told me that that particular department was closed. So not only could they not install , they couldn't cancel it either. She told me that I would have to call back to cancel. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Well, another day in, and another no show, and no call from AT&T. I guess my options are cancel the whole thing and stick with my overpriced cable, thereby losing the discounts that I got at&t to agree to, or to get them to send me a self install kit for the next internet tier down. (they wont let you self install the 18 for some reason)
Not a happy customer (and technically not really a customer yet)

Well, another day in, and another no show, and no call from AT&T. I guess my options are cancel the whole thing and stick with my overpriced cable, thereby losing the discounts that I got at&t to agree to, or to get them to send me a self install kit for the next internet tier down. (they wont let you self install the 18 for some reason)
Not a happy customer (and technically not really a customer yet)

Well, I understand your upset.
I'm surprised how horrible the service
Is so far from Uverse. Totally not my experience.
Not consistent on their part.
If you can hang in there and see if they can
Get you up and running it might be worth it.
I'd see what they can do for you Monday.
Keep us posted

Gah! Called again today. The story now is that it was never put in the system, after being told that it was yesterday, and they guy actually said, "I know that you wanted an August 2 install, but unfortunately, from what I see here, that is not possible." ITS AUGUST 4, no sh#t it's not possible at this point. Lmao.

Well, my next option was to downgrade to the 12 mbps plan and do a self install. Of course the department that can handle that is closed, so they want me to call back tomorrow.

I wonder, if I finally get this done, will my service if something goes out be this spotty? It doesn't exactly build tons of confidence.

I hope my install experience works out better than that! I have two of three friends and family that I know tried U-verse; only one still has U-verse today. My brother-in-law switched TV, Internet, and Voice to U-verse and had to go back to cable when AT&T was unable to keep his connection stable. He would lose his TV and Voice if he fired up a VPN connection to his work or started streaming IPTV like Netflix or YouTube. It turned out he was over 3,000 feet away from the neighborhood ONT and he couldn't get enough bits over the 2-wire copper connection.

My friend down in mid-Indiana had a similar experience: too far from the neighborhood box and spotty service for Internet and Voice (he kept his DishNetwork). He went with cable for Internet and back to AT&T for POTS.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just under two weeks out for my install.

Good luck with it. I have high hopes once it actually gets installed, as I can hit the box with a rock from my front porch. Distance should not be an issue at all.

I should walk around the neighborhood to see if I can locate the box. My friend said they're about the size of a refrigerator, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I hope my install experience works out better than that! I have two of three friends and family that I know tried U-verse; only one still has U-verse today. My brother-in-law switched TV, Internet, and Voice to U-verse and had to go back to cable when AT&T was unable to keep his connection stable. He would lose his TV and Voice if he fired up a VPN connection to his work or started streaming IPTV like Netflix or YouTube. It turned out he was over 3,000 feet away from the neighborhood ONT and he couldn't get enough bits over the 2-wire copper connection.

My friend down in mid-Indiana had a similar experience: too far from the neighborhood box and spotty service for Internet and Voice (he kept his DishNetwork). He went with cable for Internet and back to AT&T for POTS.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just under two weeks out for my install.

Yes, this is common, over 3,000 is spotty, IF your in an area that they do pair bonding, they will but in a larger box and be able to push to 5,000.

..........another call, another shining example of incompetence

Called this morning to modify the order from the tech install to a self install. The first line guy, who seemed very eager to help I will say, was getting an error back that was not letting him do what we were attempting. He put me on hold several times, and kept coming back to apologize. Finally, I said, what if we just cancel the original order, and do a whole new order for the self install. Brilliant, I know.

So, he started trying to make that happen, but again, error. He came to the conclusion that his department was not able to handle the request, but he assured me that he would transfer me to someone that could.

So on hold again, only ten minutes this time, and a nice lady from Charlotte answered. She did not seem to understand exactly what I wanted to do, but after explaining it three times, she "kind of" caught on, but told me that it was against AT&T LAW to do it that way, what she could do was modify the.....click

Yep, disconnected after another good half hour of my time trying to sort out this mess.

Its like a train wreck really, and has become a personal challenge to me to see if it is actually possible to get this taken care of.

?Stay tuned!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts