Uverse internet finally available

..........another call, another shining example of incompetence

Called this morning to modify the order from the tech install to a self install. The first line guy, who seemed very eager to help I will say, was getting an error back that was not letting him do what we were attempting. He put me on hold several times, and kept coming back to apologize. Finally, I said, what if we just cancel the original order, and do a whole new order for the self install. Brilliant, I know.

So, he started trying to make that happen, but again, error. He came to the conclusion that his department was not able to handle the request, but he assured me that he would transfer me to someone that could.

So on hold again, only ten minutes this time, and a nice lady from Charlotte answered. She did not seem to understand exactly what I wanted to do, but after explaining it three times, she "kind of" caught on, but told me that it was against AT&T LAW to do it that way, what she could do was modify the.....click

Yep, disconnected after another good half hour of my time trying to sort out this mess.

Its like a train wreck really, and has become a personal challenge to me to see if it is actually possible to get this taken care of.

?Stay tuned!

This sounds like a nightmare. :(

The install is now scheduled for a window of 2-5pm on Thursday. I am just going to stay at work until the guy calls and is at my home, then, and only then will I head that way (im only ten minutes away). I do not want to put out the installer, as I know that it is not his personal fault, but I am also unwilling to be gone from the office for three more hours and risk them not showing again.

We shall see how it goes.

As I understand the Self-install option on the U-verse site, when you add U-verse Voice or TV, they won't let you do a self-install. Once you get the U-verse in, you may be able to self-install other services, but TV is not one of those.

The TV set up I saw in the basement at a friend's house looked pretty straight forward, but who knows what configuration magic the AT&T tech had to do to get it to work.

One thing I asked before signing on was an equipment fee that I saw mentioned on the U-verse site. The CSR said the $100 for the router was the only equipment fee I would have to pay, but when I looked at my friend's bill there was a $6.00/mo equipment fee. WTF?! (Why the Fee?!)

So if that shows up I'll be ever so cross...

Good luck on Thursday!

They wanted 200 in equipment and install fees billed to my account to startup with them. I said no way that's happening. They've told me every excuse of why u verse tv isn't available to me. So when it does come to my neighborhood I'm going to decline getting it. I was promised several Times it would be in my area by the end of the year for 5 years now .

They wanted 200 in equipment and install fees billed to my account to startup with them. I said no way that's happening. They've told me every excuse of why u verse tv isn't available to me. So when it does come to my neighborhood I'm going to decline getting it. I was promised several Times it would be in my area by the end of the year for 5 years now .

I would agree. I'm sure you have other options?
Have not seen earlier posts, do you have Comcast in your area?

You guys want to place your bets on whether or not the install happens today? If so, is he on time, or late? Give me your predictions! lol

You guys want to place your bets on whether or not the install happens today? If so, is he on time, or late? Give me your predictions! lol
Install = Yes; Late = 45 minutes; Problems cropping up during install = Yes; Eventual happy customer = Yes.

45 minutes left in the Window. Nothing yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7
You're not filling me with confidence here... I guess I should plan on taking the whole 16th off instead of the just the morning. And I have Windows Updates the next day, so the Internet had better be working!

Well, I called. Apparently, yet again, a tech was never assigned to the job. They wanted to reschedule for Monday, the 12th. I said no, I wanted to cancel, but first I wanted to vent to a supervisor. I was, as always, very polite to the csr, as I know, it is not their personal fault.

I was put in hold, for the next available supervisor

When the phone call time got to 30 minutes, I hung up. At this point, I will let them sort it out. I'm not waiting anymore. I sure hope for the installer than they cancel the Monday appointment, as I'm not coming. Wonder what my recourse is of they try to bill me, although I don't see how they can, the way the order is set up, I didn't put in any personal info besides my address.

Oh well, if they send a bill that's what the attorney general and the bbb is for I guess.

I sincerely hope anyone else that tries this has better luck than me. Personally, after this, I wouldn't have it for free.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Can't believe how poor the service is for you.
Bad sign for sure.

I can't either. If they don't have the people to make sure the appointments get done, then push them back. But in the beginning, not after people have taken three days off work to install it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:
Lmao. The supervisor called me back, and said apparently we got disconnected. I said no. I hung up.

Speechless.

Then she said she wanted to contact dispatch again, and would like to put me on hold for a few minutes.

I said, no ma'am, I will not hold another second. You are more than welcome to contact whomever you need to, but you will have to call me back.

Again, silence..
Then she confirmed my phone number.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Got a call back. The supervisor assured me that the install would be tomorrow. Haha, yeah right.

At this point I figure I'll let them keep it on their install schedule, as I gain nothing to cancel, and can use this circus show to my benefit later. I do currently have cable Internet, so I'm not missing out or anything.

I did tell her to make sure that her own boss woke her up and reminded her to double check on this as two other supervisors had already promised the same.

I also told them that I would absolutely not be waiting again at home during the install window, and if I happened to be there when an installer showed up then we would proceed, otherwise they could reschedule again.

My initial anger and frustration has once again given way to a sense of "really, wtf?" I'm curious about how long this will play out.

What does the att.com/uverseorderstatus website say for you? After all your gyrations, I checked mine and it shows my order is "Processing" but doesn't show an actual date or time for the installation. It is over a week away, so maybe they can't plan that far in advance.

Edit: Oh, I see what happened to you. Wow, it's hard to believe that a company could stay in business with such horrid customer service. How much worse would a local government run community fiber project be? Treat Internet like Municipal water or sewage and have multiple ISPs provide the service to the customer. The city would bill the ISP for use which in turn is passed on to the end-user. But that's different topic, perhaps for the Pit.

Last edited:
Last I checked it this morning it said processing or pending. Can't remember which but it would guess processing since that what yours says

Last I checked it this morning it said processing or pending. Can't remember which but it would guess processing since that what yours says

What a nightmare.
After your set up I'd be all
Over them for time wasted.

Get credits and goodies your way.
Speak to a supervisor when all is set up.

Well, just got a call from the installer. Window is from 2-5, and of course he is at my home now to do the install.

Of course I'm at work. I told him I would be there when I can and to start on the outside.

Can't make the appointment, or arrive a half day early. There is no middle ground with thus company. Lol.

Aaaaaaand hes gone...

Not finished, he had to leave. An emergency call for a business in town.

This is a comedy I tell you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)