Vaio or MacBook?

Good Lord!!! They'll have to call security to get you out of the area at closing! :)

Even though I'm a staunch Apple fanboi, if you don't want to use OSX at all, then the choice is fairly easy. Get a Sony. Good solid designs and nearly as good as Apple in build quality. The only downside to a Sony vs Apple is that the tech support (if needed) isn't quite as good imo.

But if you want to use Windows for most things, and also have OSX around to play with, then the Macbook makes most sense.

Now I found a Microsoft store that puts the Apple store to shame

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

How much better is the i7 compared to the i5?

Depending on what kind of applications you are running, the difference may or may not be noticeable.

Make sure to get the 2nd generation Core (Sandy Bridge)!

Ended up getting Vaio from the Microsoft store, 10% teacher discount, free office 2010, and a free windows phone (don't know if I'll ever use it. They made me take it)

Congrats. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

I'm doing some research for one of my relatives, but they are looking at the lower end of the spectrum. I'm down to a couple of low end models from Sony, Toshiba and Acer. Unfortunately my relative will need a bit of hand holding if she has problems and I definitely do not want to be the one providing it, and I'm having a heck of a time finding some reviews for any of these tech companies that aren't pretty darned negative.

They must be desperate to get the Windows Phones out there if they are giving them away. :D

Depending on what kind of applications you are running, the difference may or may not be noticeable.

Make sure to get the 2nd generation Core (Sandy Bridge)!
It is Sandy Bridge. I ended getting the i5-2430M. Only duel core (4 virtual cores). It is good enough for my use.

The nice thing is this laptop has a true 1080p display and a blu-ray player. Wasn't looking for those features, so it is a nice bonus.

Yep. Didn't care for it at all.

Not everyone will.

I guess most everyone knows my own experience with it, and the fact that I have had (and still have the two main competitors).
What can I say, to me, WP7 is at the least the equal, and in many cases better, than Android and iOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts