VERY faint horizontal lines on both HDTV's with D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

quickfire

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
My D* receivers(H10 & Samsung 160)have started having horizontal scrolling lines on both my Toshiba 65H82 HDTV(living room) and my Sanyo 30 inch HDTV(bedroom)......I can barely see them only in dark scenes but it has began to get on my nerves....my wife says im too picky ...but I know they were not there about 6 months ago!!

I have know idea what has caused this.....I thought it might be a ground loop problem so i unplugged everything except the reciever and TV(which I plugged directly into the wall recepticle)...still had the lines......so i started unplugging all appliances one by one in the house...still had the lines :(

I must mention that I have a 4 multi switch outlet oval dish.......that I have never grounded....could this be the problem???

The dish is on a metal pole that is filled with concrete...I switched the cable from the two that i used since installing dish to the 2 that were never used (I thought that maybe the multi switcher was going bad .....but still the lines were there........I hope that someone can help me solve this annoying problem...I can live with it until I get the new 5lnb dish(was told it will be no later than June 2007 by a D* retention csr)......BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET THIS FIXED if at all possible........quickfire

To those that are interested.....i finally found the source of the problem!!
It was my basic cable that went into the back of my HDTV....im happy that it was a simple fix!
Is there something that can be attached to the cable to take away the scrolling lines??
I wont have this problem once my HD locals become availble thru DirecTv!

Sounds like you have a ground loop problem, Radio shack has ground loop filters to eliminate this problem. Steven

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)