Very frustrated with Picture Quality (PQ) on Dish Network!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tiger, Dish's and Direct's SD both look like garbage. Everything is focused on HD these days.

Both the telcos (U-verse and FIOS) have great SD PQ. Dish and Direct? Not so much.

Yes, the SD PQ can be worse than what your cable provider provides. The HD PQ can be, too. Quality varies with all providers.

In a contrary note, I have thought the Dish SD signal recently has improved. I was guessing that Dish was providing a better signal. This is within the last 3 or 4 months. A stronger signal that prevents macroblocking is good to have, particularly in the wet part of the year.

Fitzie

Having been a dish subscriber for many, many years I am totally pleased with the picture quality. One cannot blame dish when they are being sent sub standard picture quality to retransmit. Living close to the Portland Oregon area I watch some OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) and suffer through poor quality transmissions. I recently was visiting in Bend Oregon and was watching my friends Bend Broadband Digital cable on his 36" TV. I thought to myself I am so spoiled to have the quality (Dish picture) that I have. A recent hospital stay absolutely proved this picture argument as the room picture made be sicker that what I was admitted for.

I know some of the SD NHL Center Ice channels look horrible most of the time.

I'm not saying it's all Dish but when I do see my local team play in SD on our local cable company at a friends house it doesn't look that bad, but on Dish it's not so great at all.

I got rid of NHL Center Ice due to the lack of HD games. I just watch NHL network HD and get the Wild and Blackhawks in-market. CI doesn't even show the Canadian networks in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)