Very Unusual....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I haven't seen one, but my computer uses the same mobo. I bought the mobo with the intention of cloning a hard drive with the CW 3000 drive ( the image used to circulate on various forums ). It's a very competent linux box, most famous I suppose for it's support of the Genpix skywalker . It's a Linux computer , using DVB PCI cards for tuners. It would be very interesting to get one cheap, I think.
:)

There is a Special SkyWalker module built for this unit. The SkyWalker CW3K Looks like a SW-1 Fits both the CW3000HD and the CW4000HD

Have you guys ever seen one of these?
Captiveworks CW-3000 FTA satellite Receiver - eBay (item 330529026245 end time Feb-16-11 11:07:39 PST) looks like DVR/FTA/DVD all in one. With DVI outputs! I might have to have it! :eek: :D:up

I remember this receiver when it was first offered. I looked at it a few times pondering buying it, but I dropped it. I bought one of their other models and I wasn't impressed with its operation so I didn't even try with this one at the time. The Captive Works CW-800S receiver that I did purchase didn't work as well as I had hoped, but it wasn't a bad one.. I retired it early and therefore have little information to present to you about that one.

My gut reaction is that I would not buy this item unless you simply want another doorstop. Remember, I am always right!

LOL

RADAR

My gut reaction is that I would not buy this item unless you simply want another doorstop. Remember, I am always right!

LOL

RADAR
LOL Radar! :D
I don't know about always, :eek: ...but you're right enough times for me to take your advice! :)

LOL Radar! :D
I don't know about always, :eek: ...but you're right enough times for me to take your advice! :)

:) Thank you for your support of my recommendations. Your comment made me smile, actually it made me laugh out loud! But, it is more important to me to prevent a mistake. I truly did not think that the receiver you posted about would be beneficial to you or anyone. There are instances when I absolutely know what I am talking about and can prove it with facts. Other times, I have to rely upon gut instincts and just believe in what I think is right. I believe in my gut instincts and trust them more often than not. I believe that this receiver is a no-go. I (we) would have heard a lot more about it if it were a good one. That receiver came upon the market roughly five years ago. If it had made the grade then, we all would have been noticing it still today.

Eurosport, You have been around this scene as long as I have, so you probably felt the same gut feeling that I did. You would not have asked the question if you did not feel something uneasy off the bat. Trust those gut feelings and instincts. They are usually right.

By the way, you keep changing your avatar. I miss the girls! :)

RADAR

RADAR, I hadn't ever heard of such a beast before, so I definitely wasn't sure about it. It looked like it'll do everything I need in one box, but like you said....why haven't we heard more about it? :confused:
...Oh and about this:
By the way, you keep changing your avatar. I miss the girls!
...FIXED! ...enjoy! :cool:

RADAR, I hadn't ever heard of such a beast before, so I definitely wasn't sure about it. It looked like it'll do everything I need in one box, but like you said....why haven't we heard more about it? :confused:
...Oh and about this: ...FIXED! ...enjoy! :cool:

I think that the Cw-3000 is a nice box for somebody who wants to devote a lot of time to it. It has NO blindscan, though, and there are very few popular FTA boxes without blindscan. It also has a learning curve, being basically a Linux DVB PCI solution. It's not nearly as instantly useable as our best stb's. The CW-3000 is very flexible and versatile, being a linux PC , and if it had killer blindscan tuners , I'd be buying one myself.
Dream on, though... we know that killer blindscan tuners are somewhat rare in our business...
:)

RADAR...Oh and about this: ...FIXED! ...enjoy! :cool:

Oh my! She's HOT! Thank you Euro! Thank you Thank YOU! I think I am in Love! :)

RADAR

P.S. OK, now you know what girls I like! Iceberg, your avatar isn't doing anything for me now! LOL Oh my, I am sorry. I just wrote back to EuroSport and then tried to scroll up the page to see the girl of my dreams and what did I behold? Iceberg! :eek: Oh My Lord! I am going to have bad dreams now. Is there a psychotherapist in the forum?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts