Vick Suspended!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
NFL suspends Michael Vick indefinitely - Yahoo! News

In disciplining Vick, commissioner Roger Goodell said Vick's admitted conduct was "not only illegal but also cruel and reprehensible" and regardless whether he personally placed bets, "your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL player contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

I wish it were a lifetime ban, or at least a 5 year suspension.

Suspending him indefinitely is vague.

He could be reinstated the day he walks out of jail.

Even lifetime bans sometimes get lifted. Something had to be done both because of the nature of the charges but also the association with gammbling. Sad day really. He had a lot of promise and now we likely will miss what might have been the peak of his career.

I wish it were a lifetime ban, or at least a 5 year suspension.

Suspending him indefinitely is vague.

He could be reinstated the day he walks out of jail.

EXACTLY!! I have been saying all along. ALL this has already been negociated and I am almost positive he will play in the NFL again. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vick will never play again. He would have had a better chance had he murdered a human. Look at Rey Lewis, he was the poster child the year he was acquitted.

Vick will never play again. He would have had a better chance had he murdered a human. Look at Rey Lewis, he was the poster child the year he was acquitted.
Frankly I do not think the judge is even going to except the plea bargain. He is guilty of so much more. He hasnt admitted to betting or killing the dogs. Heck the bargain makes him seem like he was detached from it all. But we have 3 witnesses who say otherwise. And then there is his father saying its been going on for years.

Source please. ANd dont point to your a@@ :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder about you. You don't think ALL of this has not been negociated for the last what? month? YOU know full well that ALL THREE PARTIES have been negociating from DAY ONE......but, go ahead and continue living in LA-LA land.....:rolleyes::yes:haha:haha:haha

Frankly I do not think the judge is even going to except the plea bargain. He is guilty of so much more. He hasnt admitted to betting or killing the dogs. Heck the bargain makes him seem like he was detached from it all. But we have 3 witnesses who say otherwise. And then there is his father saying its been going on for years.

He didn't admit to betting because MAYBE the proof is not there or the 3 witnesses are not reliable. And we don't have ALL the proof of WHAT exactly he is guilty of...we might never know. And his father.....here is a guy that has BARELY had any contact with him in years....how reliable of a source can he be?? And if he was, wouldn't the Feds would have talk to him by now?

There is ALOT we are not prevy to and we may never know everything.

Sometimes I wonder about you. You don't think ALL of this has not been negociated for the last what? month? YOU know full well that ALL THREE PARTIES have been negociating from DAY ONE......but, go ahead and continue living in LA-LA land.....:rolleyes::yes:haha:haha:haha
I see you chose to crap out something:rolleyes:

He didn't admit to betting because MAYBE the proof is not there or the 3 witnesses are not reliable. And we don't have ALL the proof of WHAT exactly he is guilty of...we might never know. And his father.....here is a guy that has BARELY had any contact with him in years....how reliable of a source can he be?? And if he was, wouldn't the Feds would have talk to him by now?

There is ALOT we are not prevy to and we may never know everything.
and more speculation ejected from your A@@ typical Salsa post. Please stop wasting our time here, this isnt the pit. We want facts.

salsa, let me get this straight...........................the guy plead guilty to killing dogs, gambling and conspiracy. he plead guilty. nobody twisted his golden arm. he plead guilty because if he hadn't, the whole he dug himself would have been larger.

just what part of the equation do you fail to understand? :confused:

I see you chose to crap out something:rolleyes:

LMAO....your an idiot!! What do you think lead to guilty plea? HIS lawyers and the FEDs came to an agreement....you dipstick....LOL....if not he would have plead guilty to EVERYTHING and just said 'take me to jail'. It's called 'negociating to avoid a trial' you dummy....!!!

LMAO.....please stop....you are looking MORE retarded by the minute. ALL lawyers negociate to the best of their capabilities to either get their client off or to avoid going to trail where things can get worse.....what part of THAT do you NOT understand genius??!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

salsa, let me get this straight...........................the guy plead guilty to killing dogs, gambling and conspiracy. he plead guilty. nobody twisted his golden arm. he plead guilty because if he hadn't, the whole he dug himself would have been larger.

just what part of the equation do you fail to understand? :confused:

I understand it completely. And I am telling you...which I have already POSTED from a GM....that if he serves less than 2 years...he will be in league and playing, within 3. The way this league operates, he will play again in the NFL. This league and all other leagues is about the bottom line....and you folks just can't seem to grasp that your beloved NFL would be that way. IF this league was truly run on principles and morals.....you know full well about half of this league would be suspended. Let's not be so naive here.....

Salsa, If were still around by time this scumbag gets out of jail (remember a few more DA's are lining up for their swing of the bat), the first thing that will happen is, Goodell will set Vick up with a " official suspension" of some sort. Assuming he is only in jail for 18 months, you can expect at least a 2 year suspension starting when he gets released. He'll be what? 33 - 34 years old by the end of that suspension, and have been out of football for 4 seasons. Sorry, but the NFL means "Not For Long" in Vicks case. My money says he never plays in the NFL again. This doesn't look good even if he serves the minimum I described. Now add a few more years of jail time and the NFL " official suspension" and how long will he have been out of football then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)