Video file conversion question

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Hi all,

Here is a question that is actually work related so I don't feel so bad reading this board at work now:

I need to convert Quicktime and MPEG files to .DV WITH embedded audio.

I used to do this with Final Cut Pro, but at some point we may have upgraded to another version or some update removed the one check box that allowed us to take an endited project in final cut and export it directly to an EMBEDDED .DV file.

Here is why it is so important:
We have a Deko 1000 graphics machine that has video playback capability and makes it a breeze to do PSA roll ins along with other video effects we love to use. This machin will play any .DV file, but will not recognize audio on anything other than an ENBEDDED file.

So I have found a slew of converters that state they will convert .mov and .mpg and mp4 video to DV but NONE seem to have the embedding capability.

Am I missing something here? Anyone out there know of a program or how to get the current version of Final Cut Pro to embed the audio on a DV export?

Thanks in advance!

See ya
Tony

Quicktime 10.5.6 mucked a lot of functions. You might try uninstalling and reverting
to the previous version, though this is not a pleasant task.

Were you previously exporting from your timeline or were you going to compressor? What file extension did you end up with? By embeded do you mean muxed?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts