Video Game Deals

I apologize because I can't confirm this on a national level, but I went into Walmart yesterday and they had reduced the price of their AC/DC Rock Band Fan Pack (AC/DC Rock Band Expansion disc, "No Bull: The Director's Cut" DVD, and a large AC/DC Black Ice T-Shirt) to $29.97. For those of you keeping count, that's the same price as the game by itself (unless you get the PS2 version.) If you have the other versions this is a GREAT bargain. You're basically getting a free t-shirt and concert DVD. Given all the price reductions of this AND the basic expansion pack (the original expansion pack used to cost $39.99, with the PS2 priced $10 less.) I have to believe that this product has not been a great seller. I haven't confirmed this at any of the other Walmart stores, but at least at the Walmart in Cromwell, CT this deal is in effect. I think this went from $57 to $40 to now $29.97. Call your local Walmart if you're interested.

Update: Apparently this is not an isolated sale. Here's some more information.
51MhRKdIxaL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Best Buy has awesome deals, Brand new sealed assorted games for Xbox 360/Wii/PS3 going for 14.99$

GH III for PS3 for $40 is back at Best Buy..... even if you have the game already, it's a good way to get another guitar and then sell/trade in the extra disc.

Head over to Amazon.com and get 13 months of Xbox Live Gold for $30 (versus $50.) Hurry because this is sure to run out quickly.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B9RI00]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card plus 1 Month Bonus: Video Games[/ame]

If you are more of the brick and mortar bargain hunter. Best Buy just refreshed their cheap-o dump bins, a lot of 9.99 360 games. Picked up Head Coach 09 for 9.99 on Sunday. For 360 their weekly ad also shows Pure, Infinite Undiscovery, DMC4, Bourne Conspiracy, and C&C Red Alert 3; for PS3 it shows Lost Planet Extreme Condition, Fracture, Soul Caliber 4, Blitz II and Rock Revolution. Since these are the dump bin specials your local store results may vary. (was kind of hoping to find infinite at $10, but hey... think I'll get more out of head coach.)

If you are more of the brick and mortar bargain hunter. Best Buy just refreshed their cheap-o dump bins, a lot of 9.99 360 games. Picked up Head Coach 09 for 9.99 on Sunday. For 360 their weekly ad also shows Pure, Infinite Undiscovery, DMC4, Bourne Conspiracy, and C&C Red Alert 3; for PS3 it shows Lost Planet Extreme Condition, Fracture, Soul Caliber 4, Blitz II and Rock Revolution. Since these are the dump bin specials your local store results may vary. (was kind of hoping to find infinite at $10, but hey... think I'll get more out of head coach.)

I got to Best Buy right before they opened. 20-25 gamers made a beeline to the video game section, some running; felt like Black Friday. Fortunately a big display in the aisle had plenty for everyone. I picked up Soul Calibur for PS3 and was tempted by Quantum of Solis (bundled with T-shirt!). They also had RnR Revolution, Bolt, Fracture, Overlord, Hail to the Chimp, and Blitz II for PS3 (no Lost Planet). The display and a bin by the check-out stands withstood the initial onslaught and there were still plenty of titles left for all platforms when I left.

Interestingly most the PS3 titles I picked up and looked at were bilingual (I hadn't seen that in any other games I've bought including on eBay and Amazon Marketplace). My Soul Calibur was English/French (case and booklet); some of the others English/Spanish.

I went to BB yesterday just to browse. The store I went to was very UNorganized with the sale. They said that all the games that had the deal had a Best Buy sticker on them. Fair enough, but they were all mixed in with the other games, and the stickers were put on the top part of the game. Basically, unless you were looking down on the games from above, you had little to no idea that a game was on sale. None of the games really appealed to me. I was hoping that by some chance that the original Rock Band for the 360 would be on sale (it was reportedly for the PS3) but sadly it still had that $59.99 price tag, which is a little insulting for the FIRST Rock Band.

As far as Rock Revolution goes, you could put that on sale for $1 and I still think no one would buy it..

For TODAY only (6/3/09), you can get Guitar Hero: Metallica with drums and microphone for only $99. For comparison, that's the standard price for just a drum set, so essentially you're getting a free game and microphone. This deal only applies to the 360 and Wii versions.

Here's links to RedOctane.com

Xbox 360

Wii

Last edited:
For TODAY only (6/3/09), you can get Guitar Hero: Metallica with drums and microphone for only $99. For comparison, that's the standard price for just a drum set, so essentially you're getting a free game and microphone. This deal only applies to the 360 and Wii versions.

Uhhh, where?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)