Video Game Deals

A Russian tipster has revealed the following for PS Plus:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ps-plus-fr...cludes-saints-row-4-far-cry-3-swapper-1458810

PS3 - Saints Row 4 & Far Cry 3
PS4 - The Swapper & Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Whether is legit or not, that's the question.

Given the source, those would be games for EU, not necessarily NA (US). Nice selection, though it would surprise me to get anything that good until the big holiday season push. However, NA is overdue for Far Cry 3, which EU got sometime last fall.

PS Plus Games for August Announced:
Road Not Taken
Fez
Crysis 3
Dragon's Crown (sweet!)
Proteus (interested in checking this out too)
Metrico

All "cross-buy" on multiple PS platforms as applicable.

This is the first I have heard of Road Not Taken and Metrico. I'll look into those once the reviews hit. I rented Dragon's Crown a while back and never finished it so I will be happy to jump back in to that one on my Vita. I already own Fez and Proteus on PC but have never played either of them so I will likely check them out on Vita too.

This is the first I have heard of Road Not Taken and Metrico. I'll look into those once the reviews hit. I rented Dragon's Crown a while back and never finished it so I will be happy to jump back in to that one on my Vita. I already own Fez and Proteus on PC but have never played either of them so I will likely check them out on Vita too.

If we are going to keep getting indie games for PS4 and Vita, at least we're getting day and date releases.
Proteus is the perfect Vita game for me--something that doesn't require a lot of concentration so I can play it while watching sports on TV (football season is coming!). Metrico looked like a bit of a snooze, but hopefully it will turn out to be a gem.
If I didn't have 4-5 games started right now, I could see myself starting Dragon's Crown the first day it's available (Aug 5).

I'd like for them to go back and give us some of the indie games that weren't part of PS Plus on day 1. Transistor, Child of Light, and Valiant Hearts are all games I'm looking for from PS Plus/Games With Gold or cheap on Steam.

I don't know if Child of Light would qualify as an "indie" since it's made by Ubisoft, but I'm definitely hoping it comes to PS Plus as well (or offered at a 75% discount for Plus members).

I don't know if Child of Light would qualify as an "indie" since it's made by Ubisoft, but I'm definitely hoping it comes to PS Plus as well (or offered at a 75% discount for Plus members).

You're right, it's not independently developed or published. Valiant Hearts is from UbiSoft too. I often incorrectly throw that word at $10-$20 smaller downloadable games even though they aren't actually indie.

Capcom is having a big sale on XBLA, with everything 50%+ off. The Resident Evil series is 66% and the Street Fighter Series is 75%. I HIGHLY recommend picking up Resident Evil 4. It's honestly one of the greatest games ever made, and is by FAR the best Resident Evil game. If you have some extra cash I even recommend Resident Evil 5, which is basically 4 but not quite as good, but still damn fun as long as you know how to deal with your AI partner, or even better if you have a human to play with.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/Special-Sales

If you're like me (smart, handsome and most of all humble) you likely feel that paying $60 a year for Xbox Live Gold is, to put it kindly, foolhardy. I found a place that sells 12 month subscriptions for $40 and provides you a code instantly.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/12-...mbership-US/?gclid=CMfD7Z37mMACFQiEaQod74AASQ

FYI: This store is a little different from others I've experienced. When you make your purchase, they make you verify with a phone number where they call or text you. Then you enter the code and then need to make a security question for your account. Then finally when you get into your account your code is an image file of a printed code (as opposed to just the code sent in an email or something.) Still, for 33% off it's hard to complain.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I just purchased my first Humble Bundle in quite a while. They are calling this one Humble Jumbo Bundle 2. For $5 I got The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack, Deadlight, Galactic Civilization 2 Ultimate Edition, Terraria, King of Fighters XIII, Crusader Kings 2 plus 3 DLC packs, and the promise of more games to be added next Tuesday. If you bump up to $15 you also get the Age of Empires Legacy Bundle but I wasn't interested at that price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)