video problem on SyFy HD and MTV HD, Eastern Arc

It was pretty bad on Dominion, keep hoping they will try and fix it, but they won't even acknowledge the problem.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well this has been a long and rather annoying issue. I keep hoping that one day I'll hit play on one of my programs and not see green and purple garbage........one day.....one day.......

Well this has been a long and rather annoying issue. I keep hoping that one day I'll hit play on one of my programs and not see green and purple garbage........one day.....one day.......
As do I, good sir... as do I...

I check this thread everyday, hoping for a "good news" update...
I really don't know what else to do... :(

You said it with much more explanation, but that is what I said it would have to be the TV.
Sorry, but no. I did not say it was the TV. The TV is dutifully recreating the information it receives. What I said my TV manual said was that the taking the TV off the overscan mode may show artifacts that are otherwise hidden.

These artifacts are too specific on too many different types of TVs to be the TV's fault.

IMAG1002[1].jpg IMAG1003[1].jpg IMAG1004[1].jpg IMAG1005[1].jpg
I have two TVs hooked up to my 622. Just now I took these 4 pictures of a paused frame from SyFy. One close and one farther out on a Vizeo 55" LED/LCD M Class, and a 10 year-old Hitachi Plasma. It's not the TV It's not the cables. It's not the LNB because I had mine replaced for a different reason. This is the way it is being sent by DiSH

Yep we been trying to tell dish its on their end for months now.

Five months in and no fix! Unbelievable! (Even more so because, once upon a time, a simple email to Dish would've got something like this cleared up right away, even if I was the only one reporting it. I do not exaggerate! One of the Voom channels used to have a corrupted line at the bottom of the screen. I put up with it for a while thinking that they'd catch something like that on their own, finally decided that if nobody else was going to say anything about it, I was, and quickly got a reply to the effect of "ok, I see this too, we rebooted the encoder." So either this is something more difficult to fix and they don't want to admit it [an incompatibility between their encoders and certain receivers?] or fixing bugs just isn't a priority anymore.)

I just think some perspective on this thread has to be looked at. In all this time the thread has existed, there are by my count 6 or 7 posters having the problem of the thousands here who no doubt would be posting their problem.
What not to deduce from that is that is not a DISH problem. But it is tricky.
If only just over a handful of people are reporting the problem here, do we really know if other providers are having what appears to be a very limited problem also that might lead to that problem is with the channels themselves? Even if they are not, did those channels change something that does not quite play well with DISH?
Are those channels now encrypted, if so did it start then? What really throws the Monkey Wrench is someone posted seeing it using Dishonline.

Can DIRT dig into this and get some kind of answer from DISH?

This reminds me of a problem some TV's had with some DISH receivers when using HDMI. DISH receiver would reset after turning off the TV or picture or sound would be lost for few seconds. Well it turned out those TV's ( SONY and Polaroid among them) did not meet HDMI handshake standards. So while people were so quick to blame DISH, turned out the TV's were the problem. Specifically I know this SONY model had the problem: KDL-52V5100 And Sony did a software update and the problem went away. So since DISH is providing the signal I think they need to address this, if it isn't their equipment, they can at least put pressure on the provider to fix it.

Hmmm...
It's 11:37pm as I type this...

I'm not seeing ANY pixel corruption on BBC America, SyFy, or Comedy Central...

Been knocking on wood for about an hour... my knuckles are bleeding...

IF it's fixed, THANK YOU DISH!...

IF it's not, DANG YOU DISH, for gettin' my hopes up ;)...

Reactions: TNGTony
Looking good for me at the moment too.

I've been busy with other things all week.....I haven't really had a chance to watch anything except Daily and Colbert and I really just listen to them while working on other things......I'm excited to check now.

Just checking in...

It's a week since I posted that the corruption seemed to have disappeared...

The picture still looks great... and my knuckles are healing :)

Any way a Dish Rep can let us know what has been "fixed" or "corrected"?

I'm fairly certain the reason it was fixed is because of the reports in this thread. I don't know what exactly fixed it, but I'm certain it wasn't a coincidence that it all of the sudden stopped.

I'd be serious to know what happened as well.

There were quite a few reports on dish's own forum also. They are reporting the follow up as well that it is resolved there too

Yep, its fixed.Watched Z nation, no fuzzy wuzzies or artifacts were present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)