Video signal splitting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cablemonkey

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
First if i have posted this in the wrong place im sorry, let me know where would be a more appropriate forum and ill go there, this just seemed to be the best place at first glance.
I am part of my local Emergency Management Agency here where i live, and i volunteer my services to them whenever they need anything, and in that i set up the camera system in there new building, they share the building with the Highway patrol officers and the Department of Transportation. they have a 16 camera DVR that records the goings on in the and around the building. Having said all that, they are wanting serveral monitors to view all the cameras, i have been able to set up 4 of them without any problem but when i try more than 4 i lose all of them, so i installed a 6-way splitter and a powered signal amplifier (they are wanting 6 monitors for 6 differant people/locations ) but it didnt work as expected, i lost all of the monitors. I tried to just use the 6-way splitter with just the original 4 signals that where just working and again nothing, i dont have the splitter and power amp in front of me or i would give you all some numbers/specs, ill try and make it out to my van and get them. Any initial thoughts would be great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)