Video signal splitting

Cablemonkey

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
First if i have posted this in the wrong place im sorry, let me know where would be a more appropriate forum and ill go there, this just seemed to be the best place at first glance.
I am part of my local Emergency Management Agency here where i live, and i volunteer my services to them whenever they need anything, and in that i set up the camera system in there new building, they share the building with the Highway patrol officers and the Department of Transportation. they have a 16 camera DVR that records the goings on in the and around the building. Having said all that, they are wanting serveral monitors to view all the cameras, i have been able to set up 4 of them without any problem but when i try more than 4 i lose all of them, so i installed a 6-way splitter and a powered signal amplifier (they are wanting 6 monitors for 6 differant people/locations ) but it didnt work as expected, i lost all of the monitors. I tried to just use the 6-way splitter with just the original 4 signals that where just working and again nothing, i dont have the splitter and power amp in front of me or i would give you all some numbers/specs, ill try and make it out to my van and get them. Any initial thoughts would be great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts