Viewsat Max HD Spec Sheet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rogerduncan100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto
I would be much obliged to any of you kind people who would take a look at this spec sheet from my owners's manual (attachment) and advise me as to why I don't get DVB-S2?

Is the spec sheet wrong or is there more to this story?

Roger Duncan:)

Attachments

• Vewsat Max HD Specs.jpg
    Vewsat Max HD Specs.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 338
Spec's say it should be able to tune it.
Which Sat/ TP are you testing it on?
You need to enter all the TP info for DVB-S2
In the Manual TP setup menu, do you have options to select:
DVB-S2 8PSK or DVB-S2 QPSK
Pilot: On / Off

Thanks for your reply, Lak7!

It looks like the spec sheet and reality are in conflict. My receiver won't get Montana PBS any more and wasn't ever getting NBC on 103w.

I looked for options like 8psk and pilot but my receiver does not display them or allow them to be changed. The transponder menu just has frequency, signal rate, polarity and error correction mode.

I'm planning to be happy with my receiver for awhile, even though it doesn't get DVB-S2. Otherwise it's a nice unit: easy to use, fast and reliable.

Roger Duncan:angel:

There may be some hope! There is a plug in module called the SK200 8Psk that is used to get s2 on your Viewsat Max HD.It looks like its a option and yours came without it.I dont know how good these modules work but do a google on sk200 spsk for more info.

Cool.

The people I bought the unit from say there is no such module but I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong, or maybe this module is a very new thing.

I will now do a google. Thanks!

The maxhd will not do dvb-s2 with either the factory tuner or the aftermarket add on module.

Well yeah, it does seem like fraud doesn't it? To be sure, the Viewsat people are lying because I don't think they are so stupid as to not know the specs of their product. They probably have good reasons for lying.

manufacturers will put just about ANYTHING in the specs to sell it

I remember a few receivers that said "blind scan" in the specs and it either wasnt an option or it was so pathetic it pretty much was non existant

Thank you for the information. It's pretty clear I will be doing without DVB-S2 until I have a new receiver.

Like I said in another thread, it's not a bad unit, really. I'll be happy with it.

I said it in this thread that it's a good unit. Too bad the company lied in their spec sheet. For that reason alone I will never buy from them again.:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts