Viewsat Max HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I tried to reply to a thread about this box but, it said it was over 328 days old so I couldn't reply. I wanted to ask if this thing actually received any DVBS-2 signals? I see a little graphic someone made that says it will but, I haven't heard of anyone that has one and is getting S2

Yes it says it does but I believe that it does not. We had a member here dispute this sometime last year I think and returned the box because of false advertising. I will see if I can dig up that post and if I can post the link here.

I didn't think it did either. I hope nobody looks at that graph and decides to buy one because of that.

He was one of the guys in the post I was trying to reply to. He was the guinea pig to get one and then ended up selling it.

He was one of the guys in the post I was trying to reply to. He was the guinea pig to get one and then ended up selling it.

I've been using one for quite a while for the PBS-HD channels. I don't remember if I even thought it would receive S2 signals when I bought it. It did handle the MPEG-4 on Fashion TV HD before it went scrambled without any problems.

I'm under the impression that the only plug-in tuner replacements are for stealing DN, well, before they went N3 :)

you could try it on Louisiana PBS

H
DVB-S2 8PSK
3/5 fec
pilot off

that is on the same sat as PBS HD

I tried to reply to a thread about this box but, it said it was over 328 days old so I couldn't reply. I wanted to ask if this thing actually received any DVBS-2 signals? I see a little graphic someone made that says it will but, I haven't heard of anyone that has one and is getting S2

No it did not do S2, got an Azbox Elite and happy with it, S2 and 4:2:2 and waiting on Blindscan but not holding my breath...

No it did not do S2, got an Azbox Elite and happy with it, S2 and 4:2:2 and waiting on Blindscan but not holding my breath...

Yeah, I've got an azbox myself. I was just quite miffed when I saw that graphic. I hate the thought of someone being mislead into buying it for S2. Also someone asked about getting either a pansat 9200 or viewsat max. I think he's getting an Azbox now:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)