Viewsat Max HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I tried to reply to a thread about this box but, it said it was over 328 days old so I couldn't reply. I wanted to ask if this thing actually received any DVBS-2 signals? I see a little graphic someone made that says it will but, I haven't heard of anyone that has one and is getting S2

Yes it says it does but I believe that it does not. We had a member here dispute this sometime last year I think and returned the box because of false advertising. I will see if I can dig up that post and if I can post the link here.

I didn't think it did either. I hope nobody looks at that graph and decides to buy one because of that.

He was one of the guys in the post I was trying to reply to. He was the guinea pig to get one and then ended up selling it.

He was one of the guys in the post I was trying to reply to. He was the guinea pig to get one and then ended up selling it.

I've been using one for quite a while for the PBS-HD channels. I don't remember if I even thought it would receive S2 signals when I bought it. It did handle the MPEG-4 on Fashion TV HD before it went scrambled without any problems.

I'm under the impression that the only plug-in tuner replacements are for stealing DN, well, before they went N3 :)

you could try it on Louisiana PBS

H
DVB-S2 8PSK
3/5 fec
pilot off

that is on the same sat as PBS HD

I tried to reply to a thread about this box but, it said it was over 328 days old so I couldn't reply. I wanted to ask if this thing actually received any DVBS-2 signals? I see a little graphic someone made that says it will but, I haven't heard of anyone that has one and is getting S2

No it did not do S2, got an Azbox Elite and happy with it, S2 and 4:2:2 and waiting on Blindscan but not holding my breath...

No it did not do S2, got an Azbox Elite and happy with it, S2 and 4:2:2 and waiting on Blindscan but not holding my breath...

Yeah, I've got an azbox myself. I was just quite miffed when I saw that graphic. I hate the thought of someone being mislead into buying it for S2. Also someone asked about getting either a pansat 9200 or viewsat max. I think he's getting an Azbox now:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts