ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

My receiver in the single mode has a blury picture. The guide is not sharp like it used to be the hd channels are not what they used to be. To verify this I played back some hd stuff from the hard drive that I recorded before yesterday and it is very sharp and now channels like HDNet look good to be optimistic. Only our channel 11 NBC from minneapolis has good hd right now 5:03 PM with live news the rest is just plain shity. Boo

Have you tried something from another source, like a DVD. Maybe your TV is going south.

622 blank SAT channels

Have a new 622 and about every 3rd or 4th SAT channel is dark with only the guide banner at the top appearing. The software version is 366. This is my second 622 I've gotten as the first had the same exact problem and I had it switched out.

I have a Terk wrap around antenna installed as well with the standard dish1000 dish set up. I've tried new lnb's, a new coax, bi-passing the antenna and terk diplexer, you name it and I've changed it. I got "E" to send me a hit the other day and everything started coming in perfect....but 2 days later same old shirt.

I've read here that E may have a problem with this after you scan in HD locals...Is this the key issue with this problem or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance

1 glitch here
Had my 1st glitch w/ 401 tonight. Was watching show I DVR'd before the update (I got the 2nd round update). The picture was jerky so thought I hit the back button to see if it fixes the jerks. When I did this it froze the show. No matter what I did it wouldn't play or FF. Just stayed locked. So i hit the power button on the remote. It went into soft reboot. Ended the program that I recording when the reboot took place. It restarted it the record when it came back up. It's good that the show is repeating in the next few days so I DVR it then. So gonna do a hard reboot before going to bed. I did check and the channel changing is a bit slower than before 4.01. The multipath that I was experiencing before the update hasn't changed.

760 error message on VIP622

What poor tech support! All they coould tell me was to OK "Delete Now" and maybe it won't delete the content. Not good enough! I shut it off at the UPS, restarted it, waited for the 622 to go through the checks and was relieved to find that my SciFi shows and others are still intact. Has anyone else seen this problem?

New feature spotted?

I believe I've found a tiny flower sprouting out of the horseshit.

With so many reboot problems since 4.01 came down, I didn't notice this at first:

It appears you can now pause one tuner, "swap" to the other and when you "swap" back the first tuner is still paused. In fact you can pause both tuners and swap back & forth without them going live like they used to.

Your first post here ?? Why am I not surprised ??

Look up .... ^^^^ see that link for "Search" with the magnifying glass next to it ??

Dude!

Uncool. It was his first post, so don't chop his head off.... Everyone is a newbie at one time or another, and he saw a message that would freak anyone out.

Give the short answer "Reboot and all will be fine" and encourage him to stick around and contribute in other areas, or just learn about all that is here.... Don't chase him away.....

I know it is a time honored internet tradition to flame anyone who knows less than everyone else, but at least TRY to not generate any more negativity in the world unnecessarily.... D* and E* give us enough to knash our teeth over....

Uncool. It was his first post, so don't chop his head off.... Everyone is a newbie at one time or another, and he saw a message that would freak anyone out.
And the first rule, sadly unfollowed most of the time, is to search for an answer. That's why FAQs exist or sticky threads and so on.

Dude!

Give the short answer "Reboot and all will be fine" and encourage him to stick around and contribute in other areas, or just learn about all that is here.... Don't chase him away.....

I know it is a time honored internet tradition to flame anyone who knows less than everyone else, but at least TRY to not generate any more negativity in the world unnecessarily.... D* and E* give us enough to knash our teeth over....

Well said!!! It never fails to amaze me!!! I like "We talked about that last year" This is a public forum. As in other forums, the prolific posters seem to have a sense of ownership. !sadroll All most posters are looking for is info or a little help.

And the first rule, sadly unfollowed most of the time, is to search for an answer. That's why FAQs exist or sticky threads and so on.

I don't mean to get you all riled up.... Just trying to suggest that the poster was already overstressed due to his problem, and didn't need to be stabbed with a verbal jab to put him in an even worse place.... A little empathy goes a long way.....

L401 Ups & Downs

Some of the improvements such as being able to delete a program without so many clicks are nice; also being able to pause a program while it is recording and come back to the same place instead of the beginning; identifying HD channels, etc.

BUT.........

L401 is also causing the screen to suddenly go black while they reboot; suddenly rewinding a program to the start after playing it for a couple minutes.....and assigning the wrong names to recorded programs. (all my experiences)

Let's hope they get it worked out soon. This is still the best HDTV service available.

Haven't received the latest software yet. My 622 (that was a replacement a month ago) is showing signs of macro blocking and other digital artifacts on recordings lately. We'll see how it does with Showtime HD tomorrow.

L401 is also causing the screen to suddenly go black while they reboot; suddenly rewinding a program to the start after playing it for a couple minutes.....and assigning the wrong names to recorded programs. (all my experiences)

Let's hope they get it worked out soon. This is still the best HDTV service available.

Tvlman,

I had something similar to this happen. We were watching a recorded program while we allowed about The Sopranos to begin recording Sun. night. When we finished watching our previously recorded show (about 3 minutes into The Sopranos), I switched over to My Recordings and selected The Sopranos (which was currently recording) and I selected the "start over" button. At that point, the screen went black and the recording stopped. I had to cancel cancel cancel. Finally, when I got back to HBO-HD, I hit record. However, my recording was now broken up into two sections and I was missing about 30 seconds of the show.

HDCP problems?

I posted another thread about this, but I figure it could hurt to mention here. Anyway, I seem to be having some HDCP handshake issue since 4.03 was downloaded. Every time I turn my TV on I have no picture and I have to change the output resolution on the 622 from 1080i to something else and back again to restore the picture.

Tvlman,

I had something similar to this happen. We were watching a recorded program while we allowed about The Sopranos to begin recording Sun. night. When we finished watching our previously recorded show (about 3 minutes into The Sopranos), I switched over to My Recordings and selected The Sopranos (which was currently recording) and I selected the "start over" button. At that point, the screen went black and the recording stopped. I had to cancel cancel cancel. Finally, when I got back to HBO-HD, I hit record. However, my recording was now broken up into two sections and I was missing about 30 seconds of the show.

I have had this happen a half dozen times already. The only workaround I have found is to hit the fast forward button to get it moving into the show. Of course my fast forward is all choppy and hard to gauge where I am in the recording, but it works...

Ok, I didn't want to go through 46 pages of replies so I'll ask it now and deal with the flaming. I am having major problems with my OTA on the 622 as it won't hold a signal to save its life. Am I the only one with this problem? I am assuming not. God I wish I had my 942 back...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)