ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

Ok, I didn't want to go through 46 pages of replies so I'll ask it now and deal with the flaming. I am having major problems with my OTA on the 622 as it won't hold a signal to save its life. Am I the only one with this problem? I am assuming not. God I wish I had my 942 back...

No problems, mate. Insert an attenuator in line between the incoming antenna cable and the 622. That should solve your problem. It seems from reading all the previous posts about this issue that the ATSC tuner is very sensitive and can be susceptible to very minor multipath issues. An attenuator should have come with your 622 by the way.

No problems, mate. Insert an attenuator in line between the incoming antenna cable and the 622. That should solve your problem. It seems from reading all the previous posts about this issue that the ATSC tuner is very sensitive and can be susceptible to very minor multipath issues. An attenuator should have come with your 622 by the way.

Ok, I looked in my box and found on the attenuator that states its for "TV2" only. I ignored that comment and attached it anyways. I was getting a 75% signal before but now its down to 64-68%. Is that normal? Does the attenuator decrease the signal but yet make it stable? I really don't care about the strength as long as I can get the picture its good enough for me. Before it always seemed to lose signal just at the good parts of the show that I was watching too.

Don't know if this has been mentioned previously but I've had some problems with scheduled recordings being deleted from the EPG before they were ever recorded. For instance, I would have program a recording for CBS 8pm on a Thursday about a week ahead and then it would disappear a day before the show. I would then have to go back right before the show started and set to record again. I e-mailed tech support and they got back to me and said this a known issue that will be corrected in the next software update.

Let's hear more about these attenuators. What db is best. And do they really work.

I think it is a hoax. I was getting 100% on our local ABC station and getting frequent pixelation AND dropouts. All other stations were fine.

So, I read about this attenuator, dug up the one that came with my 622 and installed it. Now, my signal is about 12 units lower on all stations and my abc still breaks up and pixelizes just like it did before.

Either it is the receiver having a problem, or it is the receiver having a problem.

jcrash,

It could be the station is having some sort of problem. We went through that here for awhile with one of our local stations. I kept thinking that my receiver was the problem, until my father-in-law mentioned he was having problems with that particular station. When I questioned him, he was having the same problems I was. At the time I had a Dish 6000 and he was using a 811. The station eventually got it together and fixed the problem. If you have anyone near you that receive digital OTA, check with them to see if they are having a problem too. It does seem that not all people are helped by an attenuator, but that doesn't mean they are never an answer. It just means there are different problems that need different solutions.

Variable attenuator worked for a while.

First post here, love the forum.

I've been having the same problems with the local CBS affiliate,(3-1 and 3-2) here in Madison WI. that Mad Town Junkie and others have reported.

A few months ago after reading about multipath and too strong of signals causing problems I installed a variable attenuator and dropped the signal on this station from a solid 100 to about 94. The picture freeze-ups seemed to completely go away. Everything was fine until I received the L4.03 software update,(previously had L3.66). Now I have constant freeze-ups and occasionally get the yellow "lost ota signal" screen on this channel. No amount of signal attenuation from 100 down to 75 seems to help.

I have been in contact via e-mail with a E* tech csr who admitted to me that it was a known problem and that they hope to correct it with a future software upgrade.

I called Dish and they had the nerve to tell me that there receiver had nothing to do with the OTA siganl, it just passed it through.

I am in Dallas, Tx and am using Direct Currently, and I have problems with the local fox station pixelating and so forth. HD OTA, even tough it has been there for a few years, is still in its infantcy compared to regular analog and analog still has problems sometimes. EVER GET A SNOWY PICTURE!!!

By the way, other than the off air problem, Is their any lock ups with the Dish 622. I am getting it Monday with Homezone.

By the way, other than the off air problem, Is their any lock ups with the Dish 622. I am getting it Monday with Homezone.

Only problem ive had with the 622 is the pixelation on this one ota station. Luckily its NBC and I never watch it. I record Fox,CBS, and ABC ota all week and havent had any issues.

Another OTA issue that has stayed since 4.05(verified by oljim) is that when we schedule a ota recording on our local fox station(24.1 in Charleston Sc) it is completely removed like it never existed.

We have tried "ALL" and "NEW" and both have the same result. There are not any conflicts, it just completely removes itself. Only way we have found to make the timer stay is to use "Weekly" and its fine.

Just curious, does anyone happen to remember how much the Dishplayer 7xxx class action law suit ended up costing Dish?

Sorry if this has been asked before or discussed to death. I haven't been able to keep up with these discussions, and am hoping not to have to read through this whole thread.

Every once in a while, my 622 just stops showing any TV signal. I can call up the menus just fine. But when I try to watch a live or recorded show, I get nothing. No picture and no sound. Any show that was recording appears to keep recording, and it shows up in the menu as if the whole show was recorded, but when I try to watch it, it just stops at the time the picture and sound turned off. I know the DVR can send info to my TV, because the menus still show up.

Most times a soft reboot fixes it. Once I had to do a hard reboot. I don't know what triggers it. It can happen when we are actively using the DVR. It can be that way when we turn it on. Any thoughts on what could cause this?

Thanks for any input.

Well, here is a new one.

I am in Hawaii and we receive HD programming on a 110 spot beam in addition to the regular 110 transponders.

The last 2-3 weeks when I try to record a HBOHD or ShowHD program from the spot beam nothing records. The menu shows 1 hour of recording but when I start the playback it goes right back to the menu.

Now here is the fun part. I called tech support and their system does not even show the spot beam channels in the system even though I can watch them live.

Anyway I've had to record off the regular HD HBO and Showtime so I do get rain fade until they figure out what is happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts