ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

Now THAT would be sweet. Currently, I never know if I'm using 1 OTA or 1 Sat.
It should be quite obvious which you are using, just look at the picture quality, or press cancel and see whether or not there's a "Digital Strength" indicator for OTA.

ah, you were talking about recordings. never mind. :D but you can in that case look at what channel it's scheduled for, if you see -01, -02, etc appended to the channel number it's OTA.

I've had the 622 for over a year and yesterday I had my first instance of the HDMI port acting up - no picture and no sound, in fact my TV didn't detect any signal at all. After both hard and soft reboots, switching HDMI ports on the TV, different HDMI cable, etc., I called Dish technical support. They responded by sending me a new receiver. Meanwhile, I connected component cables and that worked fine. I went into the Diagnostics menu, then Analysis, and I found the HDMI reset option. Presto, the HDMI signal came back. I have no idea why Dish technical support didn't suggest I try that, but whatever the problem was, that fixed it. I have to believe it's a software issue, not a hardware issue (I have 4.05) I called them back and it was too late to stop the new receiver so I'll have to send it back.

i got home last night from work, and the hdmi output stopped working. never heard of this option, i'll have to try it, i have a tech scheduled to show up saturday afternoon. until then its connected via componet cables. the 622 is less then 2 weeks old

im not at home but reading over there and it seems there's the icon and now folders to group recordings as well :)

im not at home but reading over there and it seems there's the icon and now folders to group recordings as well :)

The grouping is not much under your control. Essentially if used you sort by titles, with folders for each show with same title. But it is a start.

that's all the grouping i really need

and I have no idea what trick play is

elaborate?

hmm never notice a problem with those functions, is it just minor tweaks folks thing are required?

FWIW, Looks like HD OTA reception was finally restored in 4.11. I haven't been able to view most of my OTA channels in forever. This is good to have in hurricane season once the SAT reception goes out...

hmm my ota reception has been just fine, so i hope i dont know come home and find a reverse effect

I haven't noticed Trick Play get any better. I have noticed, however, that the trick play is worse on mpeg-4 channels than for mpeg-2 channels.

I just tried to view a recording in progress from the beginning ("Start Over"). Didn't work. It kept showing me the current position as if I had clicked "View Now". Also, couldn't rewind more than about 15X. Any one else seeing this behavior?

Of course I may have missed a secret handshake sort of thing so any pointers would be appreciated.

=NLK=

I just tried to view a recording in progress from the beginning ("Start Over"). Didn't work. It kept showing me the current position as if I had clicked "View Now". Also, couldn't rewind more than about 15X. Any one else seeing this behavior?

Of course I may have missed a secret handshake sort of thing so any pointers would be appreciated.

=NLK=

Sorry-my error. It's typical Setanta scheduling precision.

New logo that displays when the unit is off is cool, though.

=NLK=

The L4.41 seems to have messed up the recording extention

before this patch you can press the record button while recording to EXTEND the time or even decrease it
Now it says that you have this set to manually stop and no way to bump the time or no easy way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts