ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

It'd be nice to have a summary of the bugs on one page. This thread is too large to read. The one's I've experienced in the past two weeks of having the 622 are the following.....

1) Harddrive failure message during installation (bypass and ignored by install tech)
2) pause bug (jumps to live tv while pausing a "live" event). Workaround is the pressing the skip back 10 and then play.
3) lost audio during item 2 as well. Recovered by changing channels.
4) audio dropouts on digital connections (mainly HD programs - OTA, 94xx channels). Occurs when using digital toslink connector only. RCA seem to work.
5) screen goes to black occasionally when pausing an HD recorded show - doesn't show paused frame. The status bar at the bottom is still present.

My 942 has the restart DVR event when it hits a corrupt portion of a program. I haven't seen this on my 622 (yet).

I have every one of these issues with my 622!

622 Running Bug Thread

I don't know if this has been reported before or not, but while viewing a Dish-on-Demand program, it stopped playback when a timer recording was started. When I tried to switch back to the Dish-on-Demand program, it made me cancel the timer recording before I could resume Dish-on-Demand.

Here's a weird one. I saw this at L363 and it persists in L365.

I have a daily autotune for channel 15-1 at 7am. This is the Today Show in HD which my wife likes. I also have a daily DVR timer for "Today" on channel 15-0 so she can watch whatever she missed that morning in SD.

Periodically, these timers decide to skip events as "Incorrect Event". I can understand the second one might occasionally do this if the guide is incorrect somehow. But the first one is basically a manual timer, do this every day at this time. How can it be an "Incorrect Event" in that case?

So, every evening before I go to bed, I have to look through the DVR schedule to see if there's anything I need to "unskip".

Me too, though for me this happens with odd regularity (every time, perhaps) in the following situation: 10:00pm events. Let's say it's Monday and I set up a timer for CSI: Miami. I create a "Weekly" timer on my local HD channel for the show, and if I look at the timer, it correctly lists both the upcoming show and next week's. However, after the first one has recorded, the second one ends up X'd out as an "incorrect event." I tried deleting the timer and recreating it, but that doesn't seem to make a difference - it just pushes the situation one more week later.

And what's odd about this, is that I've never seen this behavior for *anything* other than 10:00pm shows on my local channels. I have dozens of timers set up (maybe 40-50), and this seems to happen the same way every time, but only on the broadcast networks coming from Dish and only at 10:00pm.

Can anybody else replicate this or have seen anything similar?

My 622 Locked up twice during OTA Wheel of Fortune (HD) tonight. Locked up as in Picture froze and it would no longer respond. Had to reboot.

I powered up my 622 today and a message on the screen said something to the effect that the hard drive was corrupted and it had to erase everything on the hard drive to fix it. My only choice was a "delete" button. I pressed the enter button but nothing happened so I unplugged the 622, waited a minute and plugged it back in. When it finished powering up everything was fine - and all my saved programs were still there - it didn't erase anything. Everything is working fine now.

but, it appears not to be a critical error.

No harm, no foul.

Possibly corrected with next software update.

Software version: 365
Mode bug occurred in: single
Dish setup: 1000 (110, 119, 129)
Description of bug: No guide information on locals from SAT
OTA Antenna: Don't have one yet

Just had my new 622 installed today. HDTV won't be delivered for another week and a half, but I'm having a guide problem. Some channels (I am a subscriber to DishHDGold and dish locals) only have "current + next" guide information. I've tried to reboot to "wake it up" but I still have only current + next.

Anybody have any ideas?

Dallas Locals
for both the lower channels like 4, 5, 8, etc., the HD versions at 6383-6386 and the high locals at 8400 up
Superstations

"free channels" in the 282-286
FOXSW 416
The 9000 channels that are NOT HD

Maybe this thing just needs to burp itself for a day or two, but I have local timers that fire Sunday night I can't set. :)

Last edited:
You can always run a check switch and it will down load the latest guide automatically at the conclusion of the check switch once you back out of the sub menus.

FWGMills said:
Gee, the guide data has properly filled in.
Less then 12 hours too !

MikeD-C05 said:
You can always run a check switch and it will down load the latest guide automatically at the conclusion of the check switch once you back out of the sub menus.
That doesn't seem to work on initial installs. That's been suggested many times when people show up here with their new install and no local guide data. The only fix is "patience" and time.

I powered up my 622 today and a message on the screen said something to the effect that the hard drive was corrupted and it had to erase everything on the hard drive to fix it. My only choice was a "delete" button. I pressed the enter button but nothing happened so I unplugged the 622, waited a minute and plugged it back in. When it finished powering up everything was fine - and all my saved programs were still there - it didn't erase anything. Everything is working fine now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. That message popped up for the first time on my screen today and I did a reboot or reset or whatever you want to call it and everything is OK. Without having read your post I'm not sure what I would have done.

You would have eventually given in to the prospect of losing all of your recordings and pushed 'delete'. When it rebooted, you'd go to the recordings menus to confirm your dismay and lo and behold, they're still there !! :)

Or he could have done like me and pressed the delete button and viola they were deleted!!!!

I don't know if it's HD receivers in general or just E* in particular but this 622 has been very disappointing so far.

Last week the corrupted HD message came up twice, the second one actually deleting my recordings when I was stupid enough to tell it to. Then yesterday my HDMI went out. The good new is that E* agreed to replace it and the bad news is that E* agreed to replace IT!!!!

I didn't have any problems with my old DVR's when I was with D* but in all fairness I didn't have HD then either. Just had to vent a little.

Or he could have done like me and pressed the delete button and viola they were deleted!!!!

I don't know if it's HD receivers in general or just E* in particular but this 622 has been very disappointing so far.

Last week the corrupted HD message came up twice, the second one actually deleting my recordings when I was stupid enough to tell it to. Then yesterday my HDMI went out. The good new is that E* agreed to replace it and the bad news is that E* agreed to replace IT!!!!

I didn't have any problems with my old DVR's when I was with D* but in all fairness I didn't have HD then either. Just had to vent a little.

Wonder what your temperature is:
Menu > 6 > 3 > counters > page down (just under AUX select button top right)
also
A.C. power conditioner wouldn't hurt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)