ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

Well, it's taken me three days to wade through this entire thread to get up to speed on the 622 and the current bugs. I have had mine now for 4 days. It is software L365, dual mode, Dish 1000, component video out, and optical audio cable. Two days after install I began seeing issues.

First, I see the 2 second video dropouts initially described at the beginning of this thread several months ago and some accompanying black horizontal spikes on some scenes, particularly commercials. The only other problem that others seem to be currently having that I also have is the "acquiring satellite" that will last for over an hour or up to two hours and then suddenly its back. I have had no audio dropouts.

I am just wondering, does anyone have the black screen 2 two second video dropouts and black spikes anymore, or is it just me> Also, how do I determine whether mine is a "D" or "E", or "F" series? And, where in the menu can I check high temperatures?

I have had my 622 a year now and it has been excellent. Unlike my PC it only reboots about once a month.

Look on the back of the unit there will be a white label with two bar codes with numbers under them. The top number starts with R and the last letter in that number is the revision number. Mine is a "B".

To find the temperature of your 622's hard drive press - Menu, 6, 3 then select counters and do 3 page downs.

Okay. I guess I need to figure out whether to call Dish to see about a replacement or not. I don't know if the issues I'm seeing are going to get better or not. I have the above noted video drops (that last for 2 seconds) and now I see video stuttering (particularly on commercials), in addition to the black horizontal spikes. Also, last night, the box just froze and locked up suddenly, requiring a soft reboot. Can someone more knowledgeable than me offer any advice? I haven't gotten behind the unit yet to see what series it is.

After I select Counters, I do not seem to be able to shift focus to the down arrow to page down - what am I missing? :-(

I have had my 622 a year now and it has been excellent. Unlike my PC it only reboots about once a month.

Look on the back of the unit there will be a white label with two bar codes with numbers under them. The top number starts with R and the last letter in that number is the revision number. Mine is a "B".

To find the temperature of your 622's hard drive press - Menu, 6, 3 then select counters and do 3 page downs.

And I'm getting really really tired of the continuing audio drops, not to mention the other problems I have that no one else seem to have. I think this evening I will call Dish again and demand a replacement. So many shows are almost unwatchable.

Help! I love my 622 however when I connect my over the air antenna to the 622 to get my local high def channels I lose the signal and have pixulation. My signal is in the 70s to 90s. I lose the signal about once a minute. When I hook the anntenna to my new Sony the picture looks great with no pixulation and I don't lose the signal. Am I overlooking anything ? When I get home I'll do a reboot, should I try anything else?

Help! I love my 622 however when I connect my over the air antenna to the 622 to get my local high def channels I lose the signal and have pixulation. My signal is in the 70s to 90s. I lose the signal about once a minute. When I hook the anntenna to my new Sony the picture looks great with no pixulation and I don't lose the signal. Am I overlooking anything ? When I get home I'll do a reboot, should I try anything else?

This may be the same problem others are having with the 8VSB tuner in the 622 having trouble with handling what it thinks are multi-path issues. Somewhere else in the forum there are some posts others have made regarding having varying levels of success by inserting an attenuator in the line before the 622. Do a search and you should come up with some information. Use the term "attenuator" for the search.

Didn't reread the thread to see if this is already here, but this weekend I noticed that if I add or remove any local OTA HD stations after saving the data, the receiver will lockup within 1 minute and require rebooting.

Duplicated this several times by both adding and deleting OTA channels.

This may be the same problem others are having with the 8VSB tuner in the 622 having trouble with handling what it thinks are multi-path issues. Somewhere else in the forum there are some posts others have made regarding having varying levels of success by inserting an attenuator in the line before the 622. Do a search and you should come up with some information. Use the term "attenuator" for the search.

I have the same issue. Maybe we can address it here since so many of us are having the problem instead of in other threads we have to search through.

Paradox-SJ said:
When I pause a recorded program the screen goes black.

Is this a known issue?

It is with me. I have it too.

Component output issue

I have been using the HDMI output on my 622 and I have had no problems.......works great. However, I recently purchased an HD-DVD player and my TV only has one HDMI input. I tried switching the 622 to the component output but the picture is zoomed in 720P/1080i mode and the onscreen displays are also zoomed. When I switch the output to 480i/480p this problem disappears. Is there a quick-fix?

I have been using the HDMI output on my 622 and I have had no problems.......works great. However, I recently purchased an HD-DVD player and my TV only has one HDMI input. I tried switching the 622 to the component output but the picture is zoomed in 720P/1080i mode and the onscreen displays are also zoomed. When I switch the output to 480i/480p this problem disappears. Is there a quick-fix?

What TV do you have and what do you mean by "zoomed in"? The * button on your remote cycles through what I would consider zooming.

What TV do you have and what do you mean by "zoomed in"? The * button on your remote cycles through what I would consider zooming.

The * function does not work on the component output set to 720p or 1080i......it does work on 480i/480p......when I have it set to "Normal" it is still magnified or "Zoomed" and part of the on-screen banners are cut-off. when I hit * button again to "stretch" or "Zoom" or "Full Zoom" it becomes even more enlarged.

I have a Sony 34XBR CRT.

By the way, all of these * functions work perfectly when outputed through the HDMI output.....regardless of resolution setting.

briani,

Did you go into the menu and tell the 622 you have a 16x9 television?

Yes! Like I said, All of these functions perform flawlessly through the HDMI output, but the HD resolution(720p & 1080i) output through the component cables are magnified or "Zoomed". I should call Tech support, but I find it strange that the output(Component) works fine in the lower resolutions(480i & 480p) but not the HD resolutions. Apparently, this is not a common "Bug" with the Vip622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)