Vip 722 Internal Hard Drive Replacement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have the same problem but with a hopper, tried WD20EURS 2tb it didn't work anybody know which hard drives are compatible other then seagate pipeline hd?

Hoppers are brand new. Why would you pay to replace the internal drive (assuming you can find one that'll work with a Hopper), when you can call Dish for a free receiver replacement?

I have the same problem but with a hopper, tried WD20EURS 2tb it didn't work anybody know which hard drives are compatible other then seagate pipeline hd?

Check the specs at WD. The WD20EURS is SATA 3 Gb/s whereas the WD20EURX is SATA 6 Gb/s. The Seagate Pipeline 2 TB drives (ST2000VM003) (also spec-ed at 6 Gb/s) are still available on the open market for around $100. See http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MJ5XN0/?tag=satell01-20 for example.

Be prepared for an onslaught of replies asking why you don't just let Dish send a refurb -- most people lease these days and cannot imagine a DIY repair.

Be prepared for an onslaught of replies asking why you don't just let Dish send a refurb -- most people lease these days and cannot imagine a DIY repair.
And why would one want to shell out $100+ when they don't have to? This is where DIY makes no sense whatsoever. Even if you OWN, Dish will replace.

Well, even if it WERE crappy, and had to be replaced, one would still have saved $100+ . I've had two refurbs that outlasted the originals they replaced.

And going the refurb route has associated cost as well in terms of time and money (if no protection plan), so I would say it all comes down to personal preference and one size does not fit all.

How does the refurb route have cost and time that going the hd replacement route doesn't? when I replaced my 722's, the only cost was return shipping. Then $15 now $17with no protection plan, AFAIK. Usually 2-3 business days to get the replacement.
Better yet, do an upgrade to an HWS and get a new receiver.

Unless you use DIRT, you have to figure in the time (can be substantial) to play CS roulette, get Dish CS to diagnose and agree that the receiver needs to be replaced based on your description of the problem (not a given), go through the standard CS pitch for the protection plan, and finally issue an RMA.

Never had a problem before DIRT. CSr's or on line chat always got a replacement sent with little problem. No sales pitch for the PP. I've been with Dish for pver 18 years. I replaced my 722 several times and my 211 once. Longest I was down was about 5 days when the 722 died on a Sat. Had the new receiver by Wed.
Sounds like you have sour grapes.

Glad you have had good luck with Dish -- not everyone does as evidenced by many posts here; you should be careful about generalizing based on only your own limited experience.

Because I own my equipment and just in case in the near future i have to swap the hard drive again

I know the following hard drives work with the hopper but are hard to find
Seagate Pipeline HD
ST2000VM002
ST2000VM003

Hoppers are brand new. Why would you pay to replace the internal drive (assuming you can find one that'll work with a Hopper), when you can call Dish for a free receiver replacement?

Last edited:
Because I own my equipment and just in case in the near future i have to swap the hard drive again

I know the following hard drives work with the hopper but are hard to find
Seagate Pipeline HD
ST2000VM002
ST2000VM003

$89.95 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-Pip...Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item2331c7ad68

$86.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-1-New-S...Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item2585771961

$104.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-Int...Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item4614ddd3f3

Not to get too far off topic but every time I look at dwarren2's avatar I think of Saul from Homeland. :)

Several years ago we were at a post game tailgate party at Wilson Stadium in Buffalo. A rather inebriated Canadian fan thought I looked like Jerry Garcia and started calling me that at the top of his voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)