VIP 722 question

lej6741

Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
triad north carolina
I am considering the switch to DISH but I have some questions.

If I am recording a show can I start watching it from the begining before it has completed? I assume so but want to be sure.

While I am watching a recorded game and I want to watch the end of another one via PIP will the recorded game remain paused until I return?

I am considering the switch to DISH but I have some questions.

If I am recording a show can I start watching it from the begining before it has completed? I assume so but want to be sure.

While I am watching a recorded game and I want to watch the end of another one via PIP will the recorded game remain paused until I return?

YES you can begin watching any show at any time even while its recording/

sorry I never use PIP so I really dont know, and honestly wonder why anyone would use PIP..you can just pause the first show then go watch the second.

ME? we record all shows and rarely watch anythiong live..

we skip thru all commercials:)

I do this a lot using the Twin PiP mode. (The 'Move' button is a short cut to the side x side PiP)

As long as you keep both the the recorded and the live windows up on the screen you can pause either one or both.

The left window is dominant. It is the one with sound and the one that follows the commands of the remote.

By hitting 'Swap' you flip the windows and now you can hear and pause (etc) the other channel.

One caveat....if one of the windows is a previously recorded show and you hit 'Move' to expand the 'live' program to full screen, the recorded show will go back into the 'My Recordings' queue.

But the good news is that when you go back to the 'My Recordings' list, you get the 'Resume' option and can get back to the exact point where you left it when you went 'big' on the other show.

Pausing a live show and watching a recorded show will kill the pause. But, if you pause, then hit swap, watch a recorded show, go back to live, press swap again, the paused show is where you left it. (the pause limit is 1 hour)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)