VIP 722 Recording problem...

markz68

Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Indiana
I have a VIP722k setup in single user mode.

Several times recently I noticed I have missing recordings. I will check and it says that it did record the show, but the show is not there for me to watch.

In addition, sometimes I see that it will tell me three things are going to record at the same time. I do not have an OTA antenna so it should only be able to record 2 shows at a time. I am assuming that the missing recordings are from when it says it will record 3 shows at a time.

How can I correct this issue?

When there are 3 things scheduled to record (without OTA), the receiver should automatically resolve this by priority. Do you have the recordings sorted in anyway other then alpha/numeric? If you do try changing it to alpha/numeric (its under the sort option in the my recordings menu).

Will that affect the priority of the shows? I have them prioritized the way I want.

The problem is that it should not try to record three shows at a time. It should only try to record two at a time.

Changing the way events are sorted does not effect priority. The priority stays the same unless you go in and change it. I do agree that it shouldn't try to record 3 things at once, one of the events should have the "x" and say skipped because of conflicting timers (something similar at least).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts