VIP 722K: HDMI audio stops working every two days? (rebooting fixes it)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I've purchased a brand new VIP 722K from eBay but it was unopened, brand new, and says it has a one year warranty.

However, every two days the HDMI audio stops working. Everything else is fine but there is no audio. Rebooting the receiver always fixes the problem.

Is this a known issue or is my receiver just defective?

I wouldn't assume it is the receiver. Try a different HDMI cable, of a different brand if possible. Also, if the TV has another HDMI input try that. One other thing, if you do find it appears to be the Receiver but don't want to return it, try the component outputs. There is virtually no difference in picture quality.

Thanks for the response.

I have a 50' run of HDMI inside the walls and everything worked perfect with my VIP622.

I just replaced the receiver with a VIP722K a few days ago and that's when the problems started happening. I haven't changed anything else at all with my setup... :(

TV audio. It's connected through GoogleTV, but again, nothing has changed in my setup except for the receiver...

TV audio. It's connected through GoogleTV, but again, nothing has changed in my setup except for the receiver...
Are you certain that GoogleTV hasn't had any software updates recently? I'd take it out of the mix temporarily to verify that it isn't the problem.

My 722K connected through Google TV has had sporatic Audio drops.. But never completely.. Just drops a few seconds then comes back.. Doesn't happen when I bypass the Google TV.

Well, I'm a little unsure now.

The audio just dropped again.

I unplugged the HDMI from the GoogleTV and plugged the receiver directly into the TV. The audio worked.
After that I reconnected the GoogleTV and the... audio still worked!

That doesn't get me anywhere though. Perhaps just replugging the HDMI into my TV fixed the problem? It's just so weird everything worked with the old receiver but I'm not ruling out the GoogleTV or TV itself...

Thanks for the help though!

You never mentioned you weren't going directly to the TV....... My suggestion of trying a different brand of HDMI cable stands, but going directly to the TV to see if you have any loss will also help isolate the problem. Again, and especially with the added information, I would not assume it is the Receiver. I'm betting the receiver is sending the signal, it is the Google device, or the TV that are dropping it....or that particular HDMI cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)