VIP 922 promotion

Yeah, I'd love to upgrade my 612 to a 922, but with a 2yr contract I wouldn't want to screw myself if the XIP receivers come soon.

Yeah, I'd love to upgrade my 612 to a 922, but with a 2yr contract I wouldn't want to screw myself if the XIP receivers come soon.

imo the new tech coming out is overkill for most 1 or 2 tv families. I decided to go with the 922. I figured in two years they should have a functional XIP receiver with 4G tech built in. At that point I might consider it but only after the first adopters gave positive feedback.

You can certainly upgrade now and then if say in 6 months you choose to upgrade again it will just extend your 24 month commitment another 6 months. It will not preclude you from future upgrades.

When I had the uhf antenna attached to the back of my 722, using TV@ was very unreliable. Most of the time the antenna would not pick up the remotes command. With the 922's antenna using a different threading, that would be a deal breaker on an upgrade unless I can solve the issue.

Just wanted to throw out some interesting tid bits my installer offered. He seemed to think Dish was in fact purchasing Hulu and that the 813's will have 4G built in at some point. This is just hearsay and probably just flat conjecture but thought it was interesting that he offered that without me asking about it. 4G built-in is a pie in the sky idea but I could see dish doing something like this just so they can say they were the first DBS to offer it regardless how well it works. :)

AEP in Puerto Rico for 3 years, after several calls and several persuading conversations that I deserved the 922 offer, they gave it to me. What they did is waive the $15 service plan installation fee and the $200 922 fee with two credits of the mentioned amounts...tech set up for tomorrow to replace a 211 with a 922.

Last edited:
AEP in Puerto Rico for 3 years, after several calls and several persuading conversations that I deserved the 922 offer, they gave it to me. What they did is waive the $15 service plan installation fee and the $200 922 fee with two credits of the mentioned amounts...tech set up for tomorrow to replace a 211 with a 922.

Nice. Persistence pays off.

Good deal papita. N.B. we get socked for a $10/mo DVR fee if we have a 922 on our account.

I wonder if they will ever lower the 10 dollar fee to 6.
Are you kidding? This is DISH we are talking about. They never really lower or do away with a FEE they just roll it into a super new additional receiver fee. Okay the $6.00 dvr fee PER receiver was rolled into the additional receiver fee and was lowered to $3.00 per extra dvr receiver . I don't see DISH lowering the fee and I fully expect the Xip 813 to have the same fee. They will most likely keep it at $10.00 then ADD a new multi-View fee ,yet to be determined. So all new subs who get the new whole house dvr will pay for it in more ways than one.

MikeD-C05 said:
Are you kidding? This is DISH we are talking about. They never really lower or do away with a FEE they just roll it into a super new additional receiver fee. Okay the $6.00 dvr fee PER receiver was rolled into the additional receiver fee and was lowered to $3.00 per extra dvr receiver . I don't see DISH lowering the fee and I fully expect the Xip 813 to have the same fee. They will most likely keep it at $10.00 then ADD a new multi-View fee ,yet to be determined. So all new subs who get the new whole house dvr will pay for it in more ways than one.

I do believe the $6.00 dvr fee is a per account fee. It is true that receiver fees went up but there is no additional dvr fee when you add dvrs after the first. The exception is the 922, the fee is $10.00, but that is the account fee not an additional fee.
I do agree with the rest of your assesment.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

New Subcribers?

Is this promotion available to new subscribers? My contract with DTV is up on Oct 12th. I know I wanted to get a 922, but I just didn't have the $200 in the budget for it.

I was planning on switching to Dish anyway to save $$. Will probably go with Top 120, then add plus when I needed it.

Thanks,

Patrick

Is this promotion available to new subscribers? My contract with DTV is up on Oct 12th. I know I wanted to get a 922, but I just didn't have the $200 in the budget for it.

I was planning on switching to Dish anyway to save $$. Will probably go with Top 120, then add plus when I needed it.

Thanks,

Patrick

I am going to guess No. I dont see this happening until 722 stock is gone which may be a few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts