VIP211 HDMI just smoked

ptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Palm Coast Florida
Hooked up my new 211 yesterday and had it working just fine. Turned off the inactivity totally because I read about problems. This morning my HDMI no longer worked, well first I had picture only. I reset the unit and lost everything. I can still get picture out on my component connection but thats not the point. I had thought that since I had no phone line connected that possibly Dish had some kind of fail safe invoked and if I connected it, maybe it would work again. Nope and a matter of fact, when connected to my phone line it kills my phone line (found that out when I tried to call Dish) Yes I have tried other HDMI cables and nothing works, Retailer won't take it back so I have to wait for Dish to call me back to send replacement.

Just a FYI for all those 211 owners. If you start to get a glitch in your picture and sound for just a few milliseconds. be prepared, the end is coming. Spoke to tech support and they have seemed to have heard this one before. Now if they will just call me back so I can get another box, I'd be happy until my 622 shows up, I hope.

BrianMis said:
That sucks ptech, I hope you can get this resolved with little effort on your part.
Still waiting for that return call from Dish, called them back and they said that that department is an out-bound department only. I drove 200 miles for this baby and would of drove back for a replacement but the retailer refused, starting to get angry.

I think mine is toasted too, I have had the same problem with the HDMI, in addidtion audio on OTA was gone, a hard reboot seems to have done the trick (for now), I keep getting picture freeze and audio skips. I guess this is the beginning of the end for this one. I have jusr received these two receivers on Friday. One of them is good so far. Maybe a software release will fix these issues? I'll let you guys know.

dimi1963 said:
I think mine is toasted too, I have had the same problem with the HDMI, in addidtion audio on OTA was gone, a hard reboot seems to have done the trick (for now), I keep getting picture freeze and audio skips. I guess this is the beginning of the end for this one. I have jusr received these two receivers on Friday. One of them is good so far. Maybe a software release will fix these issues? I'll let you guys know.
Enjoy it while you can, those are the exact same problems I had but when I did a hard boot I got video and no audio, rebooted and nothing, Still no return calls from Dish.

Mine has done this about once a week since I got it. every time I get any kind of drop out (typicaly from off air digital) I will loose the sound Video or both. the only way to get it back is to press and hold the power button for 4 seconds and reset the unit.. it checks it's switch's and poops around and does it's thing, then it downloads the guide and then comes back like nothing ever happend..

I called dish, talked to advanced tech support and had them log the issue (just in case it is a glitch that can be upgraded in a future download to the unit).
So far I have not lost it completely, it has always come back after the reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)