VIP211 replacement receiver - Remote stops working

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Recently replaced a defective vip211 with same I assume refurbished from DISH. It is connected to the same external hard drive as the previous receiver. PROBLEM: Twice now the receiver has stopped responding to the remote. At first I thought the remote address was inadvertently changed. Took the batteries out of the remote, punched all the buttons...still no luck. The remote wouldn't channel up-down, respond to menu, zip-nothing. I discovered using the receivers front buttons, up-down, menu, etc., once that was done and the receiver responded -- the remote worked. Any ideas? Is this receiver also in the defective column? Thanks for any input.

Recently replaced a defective vip211 with same I assume refurbished from DISH. It is connected to the same external hard drive as the previous receiver. PROBLEM: Twice now the receiver has stopped responding to the remote. At first I thought the remote address was inadvertently changed. Took the batteries out of the remote, punched all the buttons...still no luck. The remote wouldn't channel up-down, respond to menu, zip-nothing. I discovered using the receivers front buttons, up-down, menu, etc., once that was done and the receiver responded -- the remote worked. Any ideas? Is this receiver also in the defective column? Thanks for any input.

My 211k does that maybe once or twice a week (remote fails to respond). Normally when it does this after a couple of minutes it reboots by itself then is ok. I'll have to try the front buttons, maybe that will prevent the reboot.

My 211k does that maybe once or twice a week (remote fails to respond). Normally when it does this after a couple of minutes it reboots by itself then is ok. I'll have to try the front buttons, maybe that will prevent the reboot.

You also need to contact tech support that is not standard operating procedure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)