ViP222 software

KEVILTATT

Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
nj
I have a ViP222 receiver. I need to download the L379VAED-N software. It currently has the L065VARB-N software. Dish tech support says all I need to do is run a check switch and power cycle the receiver after the check switch is performed and wait a half hour, and the receiver will have the needed software. Well, after an 2 hours I still have the same software. I have good signal going into my DP44 switch. is there something I'm missing? Any suggestions?

You have the factory boot software. I think it is usually recommended to directly connect the dish to one receiver input and run switch check Menu+6+1+1+Check+Test. Then it will need a reboot after you get the right satellite, one listed in the menu for this version. Then get the download in standby. After that, you can cable it up correctly and check switch again with your final satellite configuration.

Just from memory of other responses. Might try a search on factory software.
-Ken

Also, your box may not be flagged to receive this software YET. Dish selects which groups of 222's etc. will receive the software update and which won't, just yet. You may not be getting it because Dish hasn't allowed your particular 222 to download yet, and no amount of check switch is gonna change that. It will just download what you have been flagged to download and if not flagged, no download. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can force a download of software that Dish has not flagged your box to receive. In other words, when Dish sends out new updates, you can't force the box to take that update unless your box is in a group Dish has specifically selected to receive it. Lots of threads in the past on this as many want the just released software and Scott has to tell them that it is not their turn yet and they have to wait until Dish decides to send it to them. That has to be done at their end, by Engineering. Most likely you will get the update in the coming weeks.

If it is software that you know for certain you are supposed to have, then you may have to RMA it.

Last edited: