VIP722 freezes

ka1z0ku

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Chucktown,SC
Hello all. Haven't been on this forum in years, but I am once again a Dish Network customer. Sadly, I am already having issues. Shortly after the installer left, the reciever started making a whirring/clicking noise then the picture of both TV1 and TV2 froze and the audio cut out. The reciever responded to nothing except holding the power button to reset it. This temporarily restored operation, only for a few minutes before the whirring sound returned and it froze again. Unplugging it for a minute and plugging it back in yielded the same results. Dish is sending an installer back out, but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or any suggestions while I am waiting?

I suspected the hard drive, would definitely explain the abnormal whirring. I doubted the internal fan would cause such a drastic failure.

It does sound like the hard drive. Were you having the freezing problem when you watched recorded events? I have a 722 (2 1/2 yrs. now) and I haven't had any problems with mine. Please let me know if you have further problems once the technician comes out. Thanks.

Didn't have the 1st box long enough to record anything, since it was installed this morning and froze up after less than 5 minutes each time. The technician just left our home the 2nd time, he was friendly and helpful despite the extra work he had to do. He installed another 722, and so far its not having any of the symptoms of the first. Hopefully our Dish experience improves from here forward.