VIP722 with picture and NO audio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronconnolly

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
San Jose, Ca.
I have searched this thread and couldn't find anything quite like the problem I have experienced.
I have recently seen where my Panasonic shows a portion of screen all pixilated then it looses it’s picture and the DishNetwork VIP722 shuts down and re-boots. My wife has told me that she saw the screen flash solid yellow three times in a row and then the picture came back but NO audio. I came home, turned on the TV and had good picture with NO audio. She told me what she had seen an automatic re-boot and I tried a manual re-boot of the VIP722 by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then releasing. VIP722 went into re-boot and returned picture, No audio. I tried running VIP722 -> HDMI -> TV = Picture and NO audio. VIP722 -> HDMI -> Onkyo-605 -> HDMI -> TV = Picture with surround audio. DVD -> HDMI -> TV = Picture with audio. DVD -> HDMI -> Onkyo-605 -> HDMI -> TV = Picture with surround audio. I pulled the plug from the AC outlet for 30 seconds, plugged it back in and let the system perform a re-set and everything worked fine after that. Haven't seen this again for about a week now. This is my 2nd VIP722 and I've only had it for about 7 months. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Last edited:
It's been a couple of more weeks and I haven't had anymore experiences of the problem. I thought I would have heard from one of you experts since then but I guess I'm the only one that had this problem. Glad it cleared up on it's own!!

Thanks for lookin':)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)