VIP722 with picture and NO audio

ronconnolly

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
San Jose, Ca.
I have searched this thread and couldn't find anything quite like the problem I have experienced.
I have recently seen where my Panasonic shows a portion of screen all pixilated then it looses it’s picture and the DishNetwork VIP722 shuts down and re-boots. My wife has told me that she saw the screen flash solid yellow three times in a row and then the picture came back but NO audio. I came home, turned on the TV and had good picture with NO audio. She told me what she had seen an automatic re-boot and I tried a manual re-boot of the VIP722 by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then releasing. VIP722 went into re-boot and returned picture, No audio. I tried running VIP722 -> HDMI -> TV = Picture and NO audio. VIP722 -> HDMI -> Onkyo-605 -> HDMI -> TV = Picture with surround audio. DVD -> HDMI -> TV = Picture with audio. DVD -> HDMI -> Onkyo-605 -> HDMI -> TV = Picture with surround audio. I pulled the plug from the AC outlet for 30 seconds, plugged it back in and let the system perform a re-set and everything worked fine after that. Haven't seen this again for about a week now. This is my 2nd VIP722 and I've only had it for about 7 months. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Last edited:
It's been a couple of more weeks and I haven't had anymore experiences of the problem. I thought I would have heard from one of you experts since then but I guess I'm the only one that had this problem. Glad it cleared up on it's own!!

Thanks for lookin':)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)