Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

WOOO HOOO!!!!!

OK...I thought this box was awesome before...but holy crap. THIS THING RULES NOW!!!

Things added
-fixed the channel label thing...use to label channels with no name as the last one that is...this is fixed
-added separate C-band and KU Band satellites :) (still only goes to Amazonas on the east though)
-use to default to 1 hr record...2 hour max...now it defaults to 2 hour default and 24 hour max!!! Press record twice and use the arrows to set
-now can record radio channels :)

and my favorite....PLAY ONE PROGRAM AND RECORD ANOTHER!!! It already had timeshift but now I can record one show and watch another :D

Only one drawback...they cranked the volume meter up too high so now 70% level is 100% on the old software

will report more when I stumble upon it....but this is awesome!!

couple more things i noticed
-it now has the "do you want to save changes" with yes no cancel when you change something
-you can back up the channel list to the hard drive...so if you upgrade software it can be downloaded back
-also has a way to factory default back to the last time you "saved" everything....dont know how that works but gonna try it :)
There also is the normal factory default

OK...found a couple good things and one bad thing

good things
-Allows you to edit the transponder list now (add, edit, delete) from the main menu
-takes to the hard drive very easily in case you unplug it (the old software was a bugger)
-has a Diseqc 1.0 (distant) option...I assume if you have a 8x1 switch you can add 4x1's to it now

One minor bad thing
-still doesnt have AMC2 (85W) listed

Odd ball thing
-will not work with a 22k on a 8x1 diseqc but will work with a 4x1????
(translation.....if you use a 8x1 switch you cant put 22k switches on the inputs...it wont acknowledge the 22k side....a 4x1 with 22k on the inputs will acknowledge it)

Now the bad thing...and I'll post more in the forum on it
When you blind scan and have a diseqc switch setup it loses settings :(
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...nsat-we-have-issue-blind-scan.html#post995481

I second the motion that this is an awesome receiver! I admit I have limited STB experience, but everything seems rather intuitive and well thought out. I can't wait to get my 36" and really have some fun! Hopefully we can get them to iron out the Blind Scan issue (replied to your linked post).

one more thing I found last night

on the dish setup menu if you hit the blue button the signal meter blows up to blind man size (takes up the bottom 1/3rd of the screen) and beeps

:)

I notice on the specs for this box that ac-3 audio is passed through "rca and optical" ports. Does the ac-3 actually work through the rca ports on the visionsat?

Don't most receivers only pass ac-3 through optical? Can you name any other receivers that pass ac-3 through rca?

I currently have a traxis 3500 (which doesn't pass ac-3) and I've been thinking about buying a receiver that does. I have a home theater setup which I'm pretty sure will decode dolby. I don't think the home theater system has an optical IN jack but does have rca IN jacks.

on the dish setup menu if you hit the blue button the signal meter blows up to blind man size
(takes up the bottom 1/3rd of the screen) and beeps
Geez!
Does that mean some company has actually been -listening- to their customers? :eek:
Never know, it just might start a new trend! :eureka

...and I'm guessing the AC3 is output on a single RCA connector as "digital audio", which is an RCA version of the optical output...

There is a RCA output on the visionsat for AC-3 however I have not tried it yet. I will do that tonight and add some more pictures :)

cool :)
Glad I could have been of assiatance. Like I say, I really like this box. Just need to get it integrated into my setup now :)

D
Id some reading and found out the HDD is incompatible with the receiver. I read what drives are and it sounds like Western Digital is the big one and seagate is another.....
Where is the list of supported hard drives. I checked out the pdf version of thier manual and I didn't see that info

I really dont know of a list. All I know is
Western Digital & Seagate work. I use a WD 320GB drive with no issues.

Maxtors do not work...This is have come to a conclusion on.

define time shifting

automatic buffer like a subscription service box? no
can start at the beginning of a recorded program while its recording? Yes
can play another program while one is recording? yes

not so bad

. . . well . . . if you set the box to record for 24 hours (I think Ice said you could do that now), then you have the one missing feature . . . :eureka
It will put more wear on the hard drive, I suppose.

Of course, if you try to change channels during that 24 hour record, you might need to disengage, change chan, then restart the recording.

Okay, it's not a good solution. But it's a solution some might use.

yes it will go up to 24 hours but if you change channels you would have to hit stop then change channels

Editor Ver 1.5 problem

Got my IV200 yesterday and let me say that everything that has been said about it is true. Love it so far. Having said that the remote is defective. The arrow keys are flakey. Also when I dump the channel info to the flash drive that came with it and enter the info into the Editor program(Ver1.5) on my computer all is well. After editing what I want and dump it back to the USB flash and re install it back into the receiver and try to transfer it back I get a message that it(the receiver) is looking for Ver1.11 and to check my STB. Anyone seen this before? Have the latest firmware from the Visonsat web.

Thanks
todd

Well I reloaded the firmware and started from scratch. Seems to work only if I save the edited file over itself. If saved to a newfile it doesn't work here.
Using a Elements 250GB(WD powered) hard drive and so far looks good. Recording a movie now so wil see how that goes.

Last edited:
Dumb Question - how do you get it to record?

I finally got my IV200 up and running today. Great picture and features. I just can't get it to record. I have tried two hard drives (FAT32) and a 4GB thumb drive (also FAT32).

The unit can read the drives (and lay mp3s off of them), but I have tried every button and I just cannot get the unit to record. I even scheduled a recording - nothing.

I'm feeling really dumb right now because I'm a PC tech who hacked his Directivo for video extraction, but I can't get this thing to record.:confused:

Help, please!