Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

I know those thumb drives can be tricky to work with. In the menus are you sure it shows the option for the drive? (I think its the menu to the left of the main one)...I know when I set up my thumb drive, I needed to

-have the box on a channel
-power box off with remote
-power back on
-flip switch on back
-insert drive
-power back on

cuss a few times and repeat before it would accept it :)

The Western Digital HDD I have took to it no issues

Had the same problem here. Dumb me didn't change the Record/play option on the schedule screen. After I did that all was well.

Also right after doing that and powering back up, hit record a few times and it shuld finally give up and record :)

Still nothing, firmware?

OK guys, I can get drives recognized - but can only play mp3s, etc. Still no recording function. No reference to recording ANYWHERE. I'm wondering if I have a different firmware version....

Here the info from my system, can you check and see if you have a later version?

Model IV 200
H/W Version S1000 1.00
Driver Version API 1.00
Application Version IV 200 1.05
Data Version FDU v1.1

I have downloaded the latest firmware - but I have seen two updates methods described. First, via serial cable and a Windows application. Second, "just put the file on a thumb drive". Has anyone actually updated the firmware on their IV 200? :confused:

Fortunately, I have a PC in my entertainment center. I have temporarily routed the output from my IV 200 to my video capture device - so at least I can record the last Audio A concert off JCTV tonight :)

Thanks!

Vince

I have version 1.11 as the Visionsat site shows..had issues on the older software but none on the new :)

Attachments

• IV200_FAC_V0111.zip
    905.8 KB · Views: 243
Updated to latest firmware............

But I am not there yet. The new firmware now shows a "Live" message when powering on. There are a few new menu items - including a "format" command that I have used successfully.

I have tried several USB drives, and I can see every single one of the drives, I can play mp3s off of them - but nothing happens when I press record or schedule a recording. There is also no menu item for playback of videos.

At this point, I don't know what else to do. Should I try additional drives? Will more menu items show up if I am successful at getting a drive to work? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

the eject button on remote will bring up the list of programs if there are any to play back. Otherwise its a blank screen

I would try a different drive if you have one

Also will the reciever allow you to format the existing drive (does it show the format option?)??

Thanks a bunch!

I do think we are making progress. I do have several more drives and USB adapters - I will keep trying until I find a drive that works, or until I think it is just not going to happen.

Yes, the format command is their and it works.....but I still can't record to the formatted drive.

The only channel I am interested in is JCTV, so if worse come to worse I can use Myth TV on my Entertainment PC to timer record my shows. I would just like to avoid decompressing and then re-compressing it. If I were interested in more than one channel I would just need to enter the program in both the reliever and Myth TV.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks again!

Vince

Are you using the original firmware file that was on the receiver upon delivery?
If so .... Go to http://www.inteltechnologyinc.com/
and save the uncompressed new firmware file to the USB thumb drive. Turn on the STB and insert the thumb drive into the IV-200 USB port. The receiver will automatically detect the new firmware file and ask if you wish to load. Select YES and load the latest firmware file into the receiver.

I works now.....what did I do?

OK......here's what happened. I tried one more time.

1) Powered off unit (rear switch)

2) Plugged in formatted 120GB FAT32 drive (same as did not work before)

3) Powered on drive

4) Powered on receiver

5) Pressed eject button (Blank recorded show menu was displayed)

6) Pressed "exit"

7) Pressed record button

To my surprise, the unit began recording!!! I can now schedule recordings, etc with no problems. :D:D:D

As noted in an earlier post, I did install the latest firmware before the above.

The only thing I did differently was to press the eject button. Other than that, I can't think of anything I did differently. Go figure.

Thanks to everyone who provided help!

Vince

Way to go Vince. :)
Now if we could get the clock squared away it would make things as far as recording a lot easier.

todd

I recently bought IV200. It's a wonderful box, as everything set up just fine (using latest firmware 1.12). However, I'm also having problems with recording/PVR functions. I tried a USB stick (2GB), and an external HD (100 GB). Both formatted fine. And I was able to record using event recording and time management menu. However, none of the PVR function buttons on the remote works. Therefore, I can't do instant recording, nor playback. I did check the recorded files and play them back using my computer.

In the box I received, I only have one remote, the same as the on in the picture
http://www.inteltechnologyinc.com/iv-200rcuB.htm

There is no EJECT button as Iceberg or other claimed. I also read it that there are two remotes comes with this receiver, with one has PVR function, and one without. I'm wondering if one remote is missing from my package. I did tried Vincent's steps many times, but still nothing worked. Please let me know if I did anything wrong.

Thanks!
WT

WT that is not the PVR remote. I got two remotes with mine and believe me I needed them. Get in touch with whoever you got it from and let them know.

Todd

welin70
hit the "pause" button and see fid that does it. That is where my "eject" button is on the remote :)

Iceberg
I tried it. I hit "pause", the the screen freezes. When I hit it again, it jumps to whatever is play live. No time shifting, just skipped the time it was frozen.

Todd, thanks for the info. I'll try to contact the dealer and hopefully to get the PVR remote.

WT

WT you are welcome. The reason that I don't send the PVR one and get it replaced is it's football season and without it I would be able to record but wouldn't be able to watch anything. They have a one year warrenty so sometime next year.

Visonsat backs there stuff great so you shouldn't have any problem.

Todd

I went back to the dealer and told them that I only received one remote. They gave me the 2nd (PVR) remote without any question. Went home and tried it. Everything works now!

Thanks to everybody for the help!

WT

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if Visionsat has added the AMC2 satellite to the list yet? I saw the newest firmware posted on Visionsat's site (09-19-07) fixed the DiSEqC switching/blindscan problem, so I was wondering if they also fixed the AMC2 issue.

AMC2 is my true south satellite, so I imagine its absence from the menu would adversely affect my ability to use a motorized dish with the Visionsat. :(

Thanks!