Vita?

I just pre-ordered The Walking Dead bundle on Amazon (comes with 4 GB card) for $199. Can't wait to finally play Golden Abyss. Like King3pj says, this will come in handy during football season. I don't really need it for travel or because I have to share my living room TV with anyone. However, on really hot days, I can take it to my dad's house, where there's AC. :D

If Borderlands 2 is priced right I will pick it up again for the 3rd time. I have already beat it on PS3 and I'm playing it now on PC. If it comes out on Vita with all DLC for $40(pretty standard price for most vita games) I will pick it up again on that platform. I can't think of a better time waster on the go than BL2.

Hopefully you have been keeping up with the free PS+ Vita games. If you have here are some free titles that are worth playing in a addition to Uncharted Golden Abyss... Dokuru, Jet Set Radio, Zero Escape, Retro City Rampage, Wipeout 2048, and Gravity Rush. There are plenty of other PS+ free Vita games but those are the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Other games I recommend buying are LittleBigPlanet, Rayman Origins, Guacamelee, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice, and Persona 4 Golden.

Similarly to the Wii U people always claim that there aren't enough games on Vita. I don't think that's true anymore though. Now the library has actually built up quite a bit. If you are just getting into a Vita now there are more good games available than you will have time to play. There are also games like Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate coming soon that are getting quite a bit of hype.

The Vita may or may not be a ''failing" system. I personally don't think it is and I think the PS4 remote play functionality will really help sell systems in addition to the price drops. Even if it isn't considered a huge success I have more than enough quality games to play on it in the time I am willing to devote to a handheld system. I think it only gets better from here.

Thanks for the input on games for the Vita. My thoughts exactly on Borderlands 2. If it includes all the DLC, I'll probably have to double dip myself. Because I wasn't sure I'd ever get a Vita, I was very selective regarding which games I added to my list so it didn't get too congested, since there's still no way to sort it. Unfortunately, it looks like I missed Zero Escape, though I just grabbed Dokuro and Jet Set Radio. Of course I have Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA, and a number of others that were free cross-buy games for Plus members (or ones I bought).

I've heard a lot of good things about the other games you mentioned, although it might be a while before I feel the need to actually spend money on a game. That of course would change if they offered some of them for under $10 as part of a special sale for Plus members. And I wouldn't be surprised if LittleBigPlanet and/or Sly Cooper made it into the new Plus rotation in November when the three longer-term games get switched out. Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice, Batman Blackgate, and TearAway are very much on my radar as well. And though I know it's gotten mixed reviews and is glitchy, I'll have to get AC Liberation at some point.

I believe in the announcement today it was said there are 900+ games now for the Vita, which I'm sure includes PSP and PSOne ports. Regardless, there's certainly much more on the Vita I'm interested in right now than I see coming out for the PS4 when it launches.

At $200 and with the recent (slight) drop in memory card prices (not to mention PS4 inter-functionality), it looks like Vita has life in her after all. (get it: vita/life) lol

EDIT: Dammit! I just got the official email announcement from Sony regarding The Walking Dead Vita bundle, and they still don't give a release date. :(

Last edited:
That's a bummer on the release date. If you have never played TWD it's probably worth waiting for. If you have played it you might still be able to find some of the older bundles. My local target still had the AC Liberation, Lego Batman 2, and Madden bundles in stock last time I looked.

I got my Vita for $179 on Black Friday from Amazon last year. It was the AC bundle with a 4GB memory card and as far as I know it is still the only version of the Vita that came in white. I picked up a 32GB memory card with it which was overpriced even on sale when I got it for about $80. That doesn't seem like much space either but I got all my games except for AC in download form and still have about 9GB left. Most of the games take up less than 1GB.

I still haven't actually started AC liberation yet but I will get to it someday.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's a bummer on the release date. If you have never played TWD it's probably worth waiting for. If you have played it you might still be able to find some of the older bundles. My local target still had the AC Liberation, Lego Batman 2, and Madden bundles in stock last time I looked.

I got my Vita for $179 on Black Friday from Amazon last year. It was the AC bundle with a 4GB memory card and as far as I know it is still the only version of the Vita that came in white. I picked up a 32GB memory card with it which was overpriced even on sale when I got it for about $80. That doesn't seem like much space either but I got all my games except for AC in download form and still have about 9GB left. Most of the games take up less than 1GB.

I still haven't actually started AC liberation yet but I will get to it someday.

When my PS3 bricked in June I looked for Vita bundles locally, checking online or in person for inventory of the big chain stores in my area, but came up empty. Most of those bundles were up to $250 anyway, at least going by the old online product pages that were still up. I can wait. I mostly just want to know the release date in case it's a matter of weeks rather than days that it will be released in order to manage my excitement level and game-related purchase schedule. I have a feeling the TWD Vita bundles are ready to ship, but just waiting for the game to be ready (it will be in the form of a voucher for the digital version). It seems PS3 ports sometimes get hung up--like Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault, which took several months past the original projected date to be released for Vita. I have TWD on the PS3, but this will save me the $5 it would cost to buy 400 Days (fingers crossed that save files are compatible between the two systems, but no biggie if not; I don't mind replaying it).

I came really close to getting that Vita deal from Amazon last November, but just couldn't justify it given my backlog (I still can't, but I've worked every day for the past two months and my birthday is next month so I thought I'd treat myself :)). But shame on you for not playing Liberation yet. I think it needs a more worthy home. lol

32gb memory card reduced to $79. What a joke.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous but when I got the system plus a game plus a 4GB for $179 instead of the normal $250 for nothing but the system it was a little easier to justify.

I got the 32GB for $80 instead of the normal $100 even before the price drop. This makes me think it will be available at better prices a little after the price drop too. Either way, the choice to use a proprietary memory card instead of SD was my biggest gripe with the Vita. Once you make the purchase 32GB goes farther than you think it would though. I have about 20 games installed on my Vita and still have just over 9GB of space left.

Well, Don Mesa, Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA, replied to my question about when the TWD Vita Bundle will ship in the PS Blog post on the Vita announcement and he says it's out to retailers now. Wonder if I should cancel my pre-order and hit Best Buy, Target, or GameStop in the next few days. I don't save CA state sales tax anymore with Amazon anyway.

Well, Don Mesa, Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA, replied to my question about when the TWD Vita Bundle will ship in the PS Blog post on the Vita announcement and he says it's out to retailers now. Wonder if I should cancel my pre-order and hit Best Buy, Target, or GameStop in the next few days. I don't save CA state sales tax anymore with Amazon anyway.

I would hold on to the amazon preorder until you find it in a store. Amazon doesn't charge until it ships anyways. Might as well take whichever comes first.

I would hold on to the amazon preorder until you find it in a store. Amazon doesn't charge until it ships anyways. Might as well take whichever comes first.

I'll definitely wait until I see it in a store to cancel. The only reason I pre-ordered at Amazon this morning was because I thought it was a mistake and I wanted to get in on the pricing. The reason I thought it was a mistake was because the vanilla Vita (just the console) was also listed for $199 on Amazon at the same time.

I just played a couple hours of the Killzone Mercenary multiplayer beta. The beta lets you play war zone which rotates between a few types of objective based multiplayer modes but only one map is available right now.

I was already planning on picking up this game on release date but this beta has solidified the decision for me. This is probably the first console quality multiplayer FPS ever on a handheld gaming device. It is really pretty impressive.

Though I'm terrible at competitive online shooters, I may have to check out the beta ... should I actually in fact ever get a Vita. lol Amazon is now telling customers who call in Aug. 31 for shipment. I actually missed out on a different deal from Walmart yesterday (online only apparently), which included the 4GB card, Unit 13, and 1 year of Plus for $199.:( I'm hoping the major chains are planning special bundles in their Sunday ads this weekend.

UPDATE: I'm now seeing some people who pre-ordered from GameStop aren't faring any better on getting their TWD bundle.

Though I'm terrible at competitive online shooters, I may have to check out the beta ... should I actually in fact ever get a Vita. lol Amazon is now telling customers who call in Aug. 31 for shipment. I actually missed out on a different deal from Walmart yesterday (online only apparently), which included the 4GB card, Unit 13, and 1 year of Plus for $199.:( I'm hoping the major chains are planning special bundles in their Sunday ads this weekend.

UPDATE: I'm now seeing some people who pre-ordered from GameStop aren't faring any better on getting their TWD bundle.

I wonder why they are having such a hard time with this bundle if it only includes a digital copy of TWD. I know the TWD Vita season pass was released on PSN this Tuesday and there is no way there is a shortage of actual Vita systems so what's the hold up?

You might not be able to get that particular Vita bundle but I would check your local Target, Walmart, or Best Buy. All 3 of those stores still have several different kinds of old bundles left in stock in my area. Maybe it's just my area but a lot of the older bundles must not have sold too well here.

I have recently seen the Lego Batman, PS Plus, Call of Duty Declassified, and Madden bundles at my local stores. The only question is whether they are applying the new price drops to the old stock of bundles too. I would actually probably take the PS Plus bundle over the TWD one if you have a choice. If they are still charging old pricing on the old bundles it's obviously worth it to wait on the TWD bundle until it is available.

In the Amazon discussion forums there's a rumor that the stock shipments were delayed to retailers because of that UPS plane crash a few days ago. Whatever the case, I am getting antsy. One of my justifications for getting the Vita was to have it on days when it's too warm in my house to be running my PS3 and 46" plasma TV. I can just take the Vita outside in the evening or go somewhere that's air-conditioned. This summer here in San Diego has been pretty mild so far, but the end of August through September tends to be the hottest time of year (last year was record-breaking miserable). And yes, I did drop $200 on a Vita as opposed to getting a $200 window AC unit that I'll only use on average 10 days the entire year. :p

In the Amazon discussion forums there's a rumor that the stock shipments were delayed to retailers because of that UPS plane crash a few days ago. Whatever the case, I am getting antsy. One of my justifications for getting the Vita was to have it on days when it's too warm in my house to be running my PS3 and 46" plasma TV. I can just take the Vita outside in the evening or go somewhere that's air-conditioned. This summer here in San Diego has been pretty mild so far, but the end of August through September tends to be the hottest time of year (last year was record-breaking miserable). And yes, I did drop $200 on a Vita as opposed to getting a $200 window AC unit that I'll only use on average 10 days the entire year. :p

Hey I'm in Michigan and I love my Central Air. The first thing I did when I bought my first house in April was drop $2500 to have it installed and that is with our Michigan weather. If you can get by in San Diego without it you're a hell of a lot tougher than me.

Hey I'm in Michigan and I love my Central Air. The first thing I did when I bought my first house in April was drop $2500 to have it installed and that is with our Michigan weather. If you can get by in San Diego without it you're a hell of a lot tougher than me.

If I lived anywhere else, I would definitely have AC. Here are San Diego's average temp stats from climatezone.com:

San Diego Temperature: Annual
Avg. Temperature: 64.2
Avg. Max Temperature: 70.8
Avg. Min Temperature: 57.6
Days with Max Temp of 90 F or Higher: 2.0
Days with Min Temp Below Freezing: 0.0

TBH, though, those temperature stats are taken at the SD airport, where no one actually lives, in San Diego Harbor. The temp for me is usually +/- 5-10 degrees from those readings.

EDIT: I was so pre-occupied with weather stats, I forgot to mention my Vita will arrive 8/29-8/31 according to Amazon. Woo hoo!

Last edited:
Hmm that is an interesting website. I have never been to San Diego but I thought the temps would be higher than that.

Here is mine for Flint MI. This is the closest available to me.

Avg. Temp 47.1
Avg. Max Temp 56.3
Avg. Min Temp 37.8
Days with max temp of 90 F or higher 6.0
Days with min temp below freezing 140

Only 6 days per year above 90 but I can't handle the heat especially at night. I keep my A/C set to 72 when I'm home and then drop it down to 68 when I go to bed.

Hmm that is an interesting website. I have never been to San Diego but I thought the temps would be higher than that.

Here is mine for Flint MI. This is the closest available to me.

Avg. Temp 47.1
Avg. Max Temp 56.3
Avg. Min Temp 37.8
Days with max temp of 90 F or higher 6.0
Days with min temp below freezing 140

Only 6 days per year above 90 but I can't handle the heat especially at night. I keep my A/C set to 72 when I'm home and then drop it down to 68 when I go to bed.

You're definitely tougher than me when it comes to weather. When the temperature drops below 60 here -- or heaven forbid, it's raining -- I won't go outside unless I have to. lol

TWD Vita bundle update: They are in stock at Best Buy now. Going to pick one up today. :D

Enjoy and hop in the free Killzone beta if you get a chance to test it out. I think you have to sign up on Sony's website and wait for a download code.

Enjoy and hop in the free Killzone beta if you get a chance to test it out. I think you have to sign up on Sony's website and wait for a download code.

Thanks. Though I think my first order of business involves checking out the latest adventures of Nathan Drake, which almost induced me to buy a Vita at launch.

Thanks. Though I think my first order of business involves checking out the latest adventures of Nathan Drake, which almost induced me to buy a Vita at launch.

Good call. Uncharted is a very good portable game. I just read that the Killzone beta opened to all PS+ members on the 20th. It opens to everyone else on the 27th and closes on Sept 3rd. The game launches on sept 10th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)