Volume Control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tmikeb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
What is the best way to maintain consistent volume from channel to channel and during commercials? I am tired of being blasted out.

What is the best way to maintain consistent volume from channel to channel and during commercials? I am tired of being blasted out.
You can buy a very expensive audio receiver that has sound leveling response. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing you can do.

I think its been discussed that DirecTV (maybe all providers) prefer to pass-through what is sent to them. I know many users prefer it this way. So as Dodger said the end user would have to make adjustments one way or another; via volume knob or specialty device.

vol control

It depends on how you have your system hooked up. I use a AUDIOVOX VR-1 and it works great. It costs about $25 and you turn it on and forget it. You have to have access to the the audio lines (white-red) so HDMI is out.

SSTV

the worst offender is the audi car commercial on during the olympics, that commercial becomes so loud it's crazy

The worst offender seems to be the Direct-Tv commercials; those things easily wake me up from my much needed naps.

I have had Dish and currently have DirecTV and cable. DirecTV indeed is the worst offender of jacking up the volume during commercials. If they are just passing the volume through as it comes from the provider, they need to stop doing that.

If I had to label one thing I hate the most about DirecTV since joining in May, it has to be this volume problem.

Commercials are the time when people talk the most. So I go to yell to my wife in the kitchen during commercials and she cannot hear me. I get so mad about this. Mute Mute Mute!

I mentioned this annoyance...

elsewhere (Lip-sync) today. It seems that the HD channel often has half the volume of its SD neighbor. Specifically, last nights RSN HD feed. The SD feed of the baseball game featured nearly twice the volume than the HD. However, when the HD feed went to the commercial, BLAMMMMMMMMM!!!!the volume matched the SD feed.

They do it to drive us NUTS! And it works!

I have had Dish and currently have DirecTV and cable. DirecTV indeed is the worst offender of jacking up the volume during commercials. If they are just passing the volume through as it comes from the provider, they need to stop doing that.

If I had to label one thing I hate the most about DirecTV since joining in May, it has to be this volume problem.

Commercials are the time when people talk the most. So I go to yell to my wife in the kitchen during commercials and she cannot hear me. I get so mad about this. Mute Mute Mute!

true. D is worse at jacking up the volume for commercials. i've tried helping this with my auto volume feature my tv has but it's still noticeable.

elsewhere (Lip-sync) today. It seems that the HD channel often has half the volume of its SD neighbor. Specifically, last nights RSN HD feed. The SD feed of the baseball game featured nearly twice the volume than the HD. However, when the HD feed went to the commercial, BLAMMMMMMMMM!!!!the volume matched the SD feed.

They do it to drive us NUTS! And it works!

Curoiusly, I bet the commercial is a SD commercial.

is it helping? mine isn't helping much. it does with E but not with D. i have no idea why. makes no sense.

An older TV of mine use to have this feature, but it never amounted to much, didn't seem to work the way we would all like it to.

Can we find a feature that turns on the MUTE when a commercial comes on, then were on to something. :D

Jimbo

true. D is worse at jacking up the volume for commercials. i've tried helping this with my auto volume feature my tv has but it's still noticeable.

I run it directly through my Sony stereo receiver and have the TV volume down all the way. It isn't an expensive receiver but not a cheap boxed set either.

Hi, everone! I am SO desperate to find some way to control the volume on my TV. I just bought an Insignia 42" HD TV. My HD programming will start next week.
I haven't bought a home theater system yet.
Whether it is a movie, where you can't hear the voice, but the special effects break the windows - or whether it is a commercial or change of channel - those sudden changes of volume makes me sit with my finger on the mute button. I would love to be free from the constant volume changes.
BIG QUESTION: Can you control the TV volume in a home theater system to stop the dramatic instant changes of volume? (I have Direct TV). I have also looked at all the various "TV volume controls", but I read that many of them don't work.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

Hi, everone! I am SO desperate to find some way to control the volume on my TV. I just bought an Insignia 42" HD TV. My HD programming will start next week.
I haven't bought a home theater system yet.
Whether it is a movie, where you can't hear the voice, but the special effects break the windows - or whether it is a commercial or change of channel - those sudden changes of volume makes me sit with my finger on the mute button. I would love to be free from the constant volume changes.
BIG QUESTION: Can you control the TV volume in a home theater system to stop the dramatic instant changes of volume? (I have Direct TV). I have also looked at all the various "TV volume controls", but I read that many of them don't work.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

It is a problem many of us are battling. In addition to my DirecTV setup, my PS3 connected to the Sony receiver is even worse than DirecTV with the up and down sound between action scenes and talking. I have no solution either. Report back if you find one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)