Volume Leveling - Is It Working for Anyone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
Finally got the latest firmware for the 722K (L661) and checked to make sure it is enabled in the audio section of the setup, which it is.

I can understand the volume being different from channel to channel but on some the the channels like HGTV, History Channel, etc, I still have some commercials come on that are almost twice as loud as the shows and whats more, it seams like they are the Dish commecials or commercials Dish inserted.

Is anyone else still experiencing this? I thought firmware L661 was supposed to have fix this.

I noticed the Dish inserted commercials seem to be the loudest myself. Maybe I'm crazy, but about halfway through the commercial, it seems like the leveling kicks in, and the volume actually goes down to an acceptable level.

I think it works. Sometimes to well. I have to turn it up on action shows or I don't get the full effect of the explosions, etc.

You have hit on the major disadvantage of volume leveling software.
Well, that depends.... My old Toshiba HDTV has had this same feature for many years and it works extremely well. In fact, I have disabled Dish's function as I think they were both trying to work at the same time and commercials got so quiet you couldn't hear them. That's not necessarily a bad thing... In other cases, like Mike mentions, it would tone down what were supposed to be loud or attention-getting scenes during shows.

Its called TV1 Audio Sync right?? I'm prob thinking something different then..my bad
No, I'm not sure of exact wording, but it's very similar to, if not, "Volume leveling". I believe it's on same menu/screen as where you select the Dolby output type (PCM, Raw, etc).

Sad thing about the load commercials is the biggest offender id Dish. Their commercials or commercial they insert, are always very load.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)