Volume Levels - NEED HELP!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nic

Original poster
Dec 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
Hello experts! I have something that is driving me crazy, and I am a very experienced Googler who has not found the same problem asked anywhere else. I need your help.

I recently installed a Vizio sound bar to pair with my Samsung TV. I currently have DISH Network and easily set up the remote to work with my new sound bar. I am loving it so far. Great sound.

Here is the part that is driving me crazy: When I use the sound bar remote, the volume ascends at a very reasonable rate. Usually by a half-step each time according to the display. It is perfect. When I use the DISH remote, however, it ascends by a full step each time, which has a BIG impact on the volume levels. It is far too much.

Is there a way to "throttle down” the DISH remote or TV settings to react in a similar way to the Vizio remote?

Perhaps try the other Vizio codes, perhaps one is more up to date with smaller volume settings. If your Dish remote is programmable you could program the volume using your Visio remote.

I have never looked up a code for this remote setup. Our Hopper/Joey systems automatically configure the remote for us. Looks like I’ll have to do some research on this.

And I think this is a Samsung code problem, not a Vizio code problem. The sound bar is connected with an optical cable, so all commands are coming from the television - maybe. I’m no expert.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could try navigating through the Vizio codes or reset them. I believe there will always be a slight difference between the quality from the sound bar and Dish. If all else fails, contact Vizio support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)