Volume Three, Show Six

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Welcome to the Satelliteguys.us Podcast. This week show is hot with some Sirius talk about Charlie’s bid on SiriusXM as well as comments from Howard on his show. Scott explains everything going on that you seriously don’t want to miss. We continue on with some great news about Directv’s earnings as well as some future programming announcements from both services. As always if you like what you are hearing, please vote for us a podcast alley and share the love of the Satelliteguys.us Podcast. Until next week we will see you real soon!

Attachments

• satguys021009.mp3
    9.4 MB · Views: 1,153
Nice Show!!

Still no Fox News Channel hd or Fox Business Network hd in the Turbo Packages though.:(

Indeed, podcast made it sound like it was fixed, but it is not fixed. I don't care about Fox News, but with Comedy Central and Spike coming, I'm wondering.

Yeh I agree. With all the posts on the forum I would have thought Scott or Goalie Bob would have known that neither Fox HD is available on the Turbo packs. It's also telling the neither are listed on the Dish site as being part of the Turbo packages as well. Maybe they don't read the forum.

Fox News HD and Fox Business HD only available in Classic package

This is the response I got from Dish

Dear Mr. Vino Kannapiran,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. At this time, Fox News and the Fox Business News HD channels are only available in our Classic packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information.

We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557 or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Anna S.

TID:OR-Infiniti

DISH Network eCare

Scott said no new HD for absolute customers but we did get the new CI channel (for what it's worth). Or was that to compensate for them taking away the Smithsonian channel? If Smithsonian comes back, they better put it back in the absolute package. -Ken

I am still being told by Dish that the channels are in the Turbo packages. In addition a number of members have posted and reported to me that they were able to get the Fox HD channels turned on for their accounts.

I am still being told by Dish that the channels are in the Turbo packages. In addition a number of members have posted and reported to me that they were able to get the Fox HD channels turned on for their accounts.

I changed from Absolute to Turbo hd the day they were suppose to be in the Turbo Packages and then was told they were only available in the classic gold with hd. I was able to go back to Absolute only because those two channels were on the website. They were then taken off the website. They have yet to be added back to the website. I did a chat this morning and it took ten minutes for the csr to understand that I was asking about Fox News Channel hd and not my local Fox channel. Then she told me they WERE in the Turbo hd and I asked her to double check and she came back and said only classic gold with hd.

Communication does not= Dish.

Man Scott they are either lying to us or just really horrible at communication. I plan tomorrow to drop down to the Bronze TurboHD (From Classic 200 + SilverHD) and asked a tech chat CSR if I was going to lose Fox News HD. He said YES.

Then I asked if they were going to add Fox News HD to the Bronze TurboHD. He told me that they are "always evaluating" but that I could make a request for them to add it. I did of course.

So this is just plain bizarre. And tons of people have said the same thing in the chat rooms, that Dish has told them flat out Fox News HD/Bus HD are NOT in the TurboHD packages.

So my question is: why are they telling YOU differently? This is really frustrating!

Man Scott they are either lying to us or just really horrible at communication. I plan tomorrow to drop down to the Bronze TurboHD (From Classic 200 + SilverHD) and asked a tech chat CSR if I was going to lose Fox News HD. He said YES.

Then I asked if they were going to add Fox News HD to the Bronze TurboHD. He told me that they are "always evaluating" but that I could make a request for them to add it. I did of course.

So this is just plain bizarre. And tons of people have said the same thing in the chat rooms, that Dish has told them flat out Fox News HD/Bus HD are NOT in the TurboHD packages.

So my question is: why are they telling YOU differently? This is really frustrating!
Question , Why would anyone think that Fox News HD should be in HD bronze, When Fox News is in the Top 200 pack? I just don't get some of you guys. Turbo Bronze is only at most going to have what ever the top 100 pack has in HD. this has been the rule since day one. Turbo Silver is going to have the same HD channels as Top 200 Pack. Thats where Fox News is.

Who said Fox News was Now going to be in Turbo Bronze and Classic top 100?? Because I've see No information supporting this?

Here you go... The press release from Fox News..

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...igns-distribution-agreement-dish-network.html

Starting today, FBN will be available on channel 206 through DISH Network’s Classic Gold 250, formerly known as America’s Top 250 package. FNC will move to channel 205 on Classic Bronze 100, formerly known as America’s Top 100 package, increasing its distribution to more than 11 million DISH Network subscribers. Both networks will be available to DISH subscribers in HD.

Who said Fox News was Now going to be in Turbo Bronze and Classic top 100?? Because I've see No information supporting this?

During the first couple of days Fox News HD was out, it was appearing in the list under Bronze TurboHD. This is why so many people were happy. Also, Fox Business HD was in the list under Gold TurboHD.

Then, suddenly, as all the issues were going on between some people getting it and others not, they took it down off of those lists.

Also, if you read the forums, several people had chats with Dish CSR's saying it would be in TurboHD Bronze. And that is the same info that Scott is using when they told him Fox News SD would now be in the Classic 100 as well.

OK but nowhere does it say its being added to Turbo Bronze.
Classic Top 100 pack is all I saw.

FNC will move to channel 205 on Classic Bronze 100, formerly known as America’s Top 100 package, increasing its distribution to more than 11 million DISH Network subscribers. Both networks will be available to DISH subscribers in HD.

So from what you posted I see Fox News SD and HD will be in CLASSIC Top 100. NOTHING about Turbo HD packs.
Classic Top 100 with $10 HD pack is How you get FoxNews HD (Classic Bronze) Not TURBO Bronze

During the first couple of days Fox News HD was out, it was appearing in the list under Bronze TurboHD. This is why so many people were happy. Also, Fox Business HD was in the list under Gold TurboHD.

Then, suddenly, as all the issues were going on between some people getting it and others not, they took it down off of those lists.

Also, if you read the forums, several people had chats with Dish CSR's saying it would be in TurboHD Bronze. And that is the same info that Scott is using when they told him Fox News SD would now be in the Classic 100 as well.
Classic 100 and Turbo Bronze are different packs. Always have been.
And since when do Listen to CSR's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)