Voom Adds More! (WealthTVHD, Fine Living, DIY,..)

vurbano said:
Thats ridiculous, Voom is undoubtably compressing the signal further from what I saw of it. Our other HD channels look much brighter and clearer. I also saw pixelation and slight blockiness on some shots.
Unless you have a C-band system that can received HD, don't tell me what the original source material looks like. I'm watching Wealth on C-band and Voom at the same time. How about you? Got the equipment?

Picture Quality Superb

I am watching Wealth Aviation on Wealth Tv, and the picture quaility is as good as Auction Tv, my guage for Vooms best Picture Quality channel. The quality is stunning. The airplanes exterior and interior look as good as eyesight, so priistine and sharp. I can see the reflections on the instrument panel. Very interesting channel. and hd OH YEaah

It does help that i just had my Tv calibrated by Eric Pfoutz in Los Angeles. My picture quailty is up 50% , voom looks spectacular. All those who want the best potential HD for their sets get a calibration, it will help focus, color definition, resolution, and give you a sharper, voom, more colorful and resolute voom image.

richard_rd said:
Oh, i know why, because some people just are not happy unless they are bit@hing about something,Quit complaining and get a life already!!!!! :) :) :)

Just figured i would quote myself, This bud is for you Vurbano!!!!

richard_rd said:
Oh, i know why, because some people just are not happy unless they are bit@hing about something,Quit complaining and get a life already!!!!!!

richard_rd said:
Just figured i would quote myself, This bud is for you Vurbano!!!!
Who needs to get a life? Try looking in the mirror. :rolleyes: Not every opinion is going to be the same as yours. Get over it.

TheTimm said:
Who needs to get a life? Try looking in the mirror. :rolleyes: Not every opinion is going to be the same as yours. Get over it.

C'Mon Tim, let me be the first to give you a tissue this morning because you are still crying that you don't get the new channels with your basic package!!!
You allready played your hand in previous posts and you lose sucker, or should i say you don't even get to play because you don't get the channels!!!!

Vurbano is constantly complaining when they add SD channels (even though we know this is what VOOM has too do to compete). Now VOOM finally adds a HD channel and after a whole 4 hours he declares it is worthless because of it's content!!! LOL, we should have special tags for under your nicks for the constant crybabies and whiners, I am sick and tired of all of you!!!!!

richard_rd said:
C'Mon Tim, let me be the first to give you a tissue this morning because you are still crying that you don't get the new channels with your basic package!!!
You allready played your hand in previous posts and you loose sucker!!!!
Who are you calling a "loose sucker"? :smug
Anyway to address you childlike mini-rant, I'm not interested in the channels that have been added to VaVa -- with the possible exception of WealthHD (I've never seen it, but it's HD so I bet I'd like it at least a little). I simply think it's bad business to add non-premium channels to a premium package. And Voom didn't just add them to a premium package, they require you to subscribe to all their premium packages to receive these less-than-premium channels. WealthHD is the only channel that makes any sense at all being considered a premium channel -- but it doesn't make sense to require subscription to all the premium channels in order to get it. My hope is that they are at least setting themselves for tiered programming options, or more package options. I thought this was clear from my previous posts. Perhaps you should find someone to help you with the big words. :D

richard_rd said:
Vurbano is constantly complaining when they add SD channels (even though we know this is what VOOM has too do to compete). Now VOOM finally adds a HD channel and after a whole 4 hours he declares it is worthless because of it's content!!! LOL, we should have special tags for under your nicks for the constant crybabies and whiners, I am sick and tired of all of you!!!!!

WealthHD appears to me to be a repeat of the some of the voom exclusives in content. Voom has proven with its sub numbers over the last 18 months that this type of programming is NOT what the subsciber wants. I see DIsh and D* just tripping all over themselves to find bandwidth to add it:rolleyes:

timfouts said:
Unless you have a C-band system that can received HD, don't tell me what the original source material looks like. I'm watching Wealth on C-band and Voom at the same time. How about you? Got the equipment?

You should post some screen shots for us then so we can verify the stunning PQ of this fine channel on Voom. Better yet why not record both and verify the total bitrate before making such boasts.:rolleyes:

timfouts said:
The HD original satellite transmission on C-band is the same so it is not Voom's problem. Content is of course personal preference.
Prove it. Show me the bitrates and resolutions.

timfouts said:
Actually the worst Voom channel, is better than the best Charlie channel
Have you lost your mind?

timfouts said:

You should post some screen shots for us then so we can verify the stunning PQ of this fine channel on Voom. Better yet why not record both and verify the total bitrate before making such boasts.:rolleyes:

Vurbano, take the hint, We are all finally getting tired of your constant complaining, cancel your subscription and go bother the people in the Dish and DirecTV forums for a while. At least Justalurker would post a positive thread once in a while, seems like you have a hidden agenda to me!!!!

TheTimm said:
I simply think it's bad business to add non-premium channels to a premium package.

Yeah, and i am sure if they added them to the basic package, and then took them away a few months later and put them in their new mid tier package, you would not be screeming then "How can they make us pay for channels we were already getting". It is a no win situation for VOOM, these channels cost them money to add, I am sure they will be offering a mid tier package with them in the future when things settle down. But for now it makes sense for them to be added to the premium VAVAVoom tier, or subs would harass them later "they are taking channels away from us" !!! It looks to me like VOOM is trying to be fair about it and add some new channels to the basic package (i.e.- channels that will still be be part of the basic package when a new tier is added). But for channels that they have slated for the mid or upper tier (in a 3 or more tier system), it only makes sence to add them to the upper tier in the current two tier system or subs will complain when they lose those channels in the future!!!

richard_rd said:
Vurbano, take the hint, We are all finally getting tired of your constant complaining, cancel your subscription and go bother the people in the Dish and DirecTV forums for a while. At least Justalurker would post a positive thread once in a while, seems like you have a hidden agenda to me!!!!

If you look back you will see that I said the PQ and content sucked SO FAR. Its only been up a few hours.:rolleyes:

I think there puttin all the new channels on vava so they can get people to upgrade.I mean hey its a good tactic for money but not a good one when you trying to win custumers over....think charlie add the crap channels to all voom and good ones to vava...

Wow, the bitterness level from some of you has gotten ridiculous. Seriously, why do you even bother subscribing? Voom never seems to do anything right in your little world. The fact that people keep bitching because all these news channels aren't free, while at the same time moaning that Voom needs to become more financially stable, is hillarious.

vurbano said:
Apparently you cant read or dont care too. If you look back you will see that I said the PQ and content sucked SO FAR. Its only been up a few hours Sparky.:rolleyes:

:), You made my point for me, the channel was only live for a whole 4 hours and you were chumping at the bit to start typing negative feedback on it. Like i said, some people just are not happy unless they are bit@hing about something!!!!!

madpoet said:
Wow, the bitterness level from some of you has gotten ridiculous. Seriously, why do you even bother subscribing? Voom never seems to do anything right in your little world. The fact that people keep bitching because all these news channels aren't free, while at the same time moaning that Voom needs to become more financially stable, is hillarious.

Could not agree with you more, madpoet!!!! I also apologise for my ranting this morning, but i did not have my coffee yet and i could not take it any more, i will calm down now!!!!

If Voom is going to compete with Dish & Directv they are going to have to offer the same channels, or at least the same amount. I haven't cancelled Directv yet because I was waiting on Voom to have the channels that I watch and release the Super Dma. I am real close to S$^@#!Canning Directv. I just have to wait and see if Voom survives.(which I think they will). As far as more HD and the Dvr I do believe they are going to have more hd channels (HD is what they were created for after all) and release there Dvr. Just my thoughts!!

vurbano said:
I have 2 screen shots both jpeg--one on 4DTV c-band and one from Voom. The bright face over powers the rest of the image but notice the detail of the flowers behind on right

VURBANO said:
Have you lost your mind?
Obviously you have limited satellite reception capabilities. Take a look at the dish farm.

And BTW, if you live on a lake your HD reception is enhanced even more as the signal comes in cleaner over the water

Attachments

• Picture011.jpg
    Picture011.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture012.jpg
    Picture012.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 302
  • dish001.jpg
    dish001.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 239
  • dish002.jpg
    dish002.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 206
  • dish003.jpg
    dish003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 211

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)