Voom Called Me Today.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
It's been only 4 day's of Voom and the CSR called me 5 times checking to see if everything is fine. Now that's good CS.

Well they probably have only a few customers, so they just keep calling back . Who can afford a 749.00 on a basic hd receiver now days? ;)

Actually more, and dollars were worth a little more then. Free programing balances the tally for me.

VOOM right now is trying to get subscribers so they are going to make every effort to keep those of us who already invested in the product.

VOOM has two major problems that they need to solve. One is Sears. Sears has been a disaster in terms of publicity. I cannot go to Sears today and see a VOOM system running. Instead the Sears people will try to sell me the E* system.

The other problem is Install Inc. Install Inc being the exclusive entity of doing installation for VOOM took the attitude of not caring for customer installation unless they heard it from the top executives of VOOM. It has improved in general because they are learning from their mistakes but we are still hearing stories of missing installations date because the equipment did not arrive on time. We are hearing less of the problems they were having about installing the system.

This to me says that VOOM needs to get other retailers to sell the system plus have other installers do the installation as well as having a self-installation option.

The self-installation option might not come soon because VOOM probably is making a profit on the installation. Overall VOOM is very nice and very professional but as we know this all might change with time. Let's enjoy it while it lasts and let's hope that it does not change. ;)

They have to keep their CSR's busy and they figure that they might as well have them call out to customers to make sure everything is working properly. Thats better than Dish Network that says they cannot call out from their call centers.

CSR Calls

After my installation CSR called me a couple of times. First was a survey on my satisfaction. The only thing I complained about was the Sears reps not being very knowledgeable of the product. I knew more than they did. The other was making the installation appointment. I never received a call to set up an installation date. After a week a called Voom. Once the appointment was made no one showed up. I had to reschedule for another installation date due to a mix up with Voom. Once the installer arrived everything went rather smoothly. After all the above situations I'm really pleased with the system. The price may seem a little steep but in the long run it's been worth it. I love the picture and sound quality of HDTV. Even with the boring channels I find myself in awe of what I'm looking at. HAPPY CAMPER SO FAR.

Sean Mota said:
VOOM right now is trying to get subscribers so they are going to make every effort to keep those of us who already invested in the product.

VOOM has two major problems that they need to solve. One is Sears. Sears has been a disaster in terms of publicity. I cannot go to Sears today and see a VOOM system running. Instead the Sears people will try to sell me the E* system.

The other problem is Install Inc. Install Inc being the exclusive entity of doing installation for VOOM took the attitude of not caring for customer installation unless they heard it from the top executives of VOOM. It has improved in general because they are learning from their mistakes but we are still hearing stories of missing installations date because the equipment did not arrive on time. We are hearing less of the problems they were having about installing the system.

This to me says that VOOM needs to get other retailers to sell the system plus have other installers do the installation as well as having a self-installation option.

The self-installation option might not come soon because VOOM probably is making a profit on the installation. Overall VOOM is very nice and very professional but as we know this all might change with time. Let's enjoy it while it lasts and let's hope that it does not change. ;)
Yea, I went to Sears and they said the thing hasn't been working since it was installed and if it did it was only in B/W. Whatever that means.

It seems like a lot of Voom customers had missed appointments. I had to reschedule but it for the next day which wasn't that bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)