Voom DSR-550 STB vs Star Choice DSR-500 STB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As soon as I get off my butt and quit watching so much Voom, I'm going to reprogram my Pronto to work with all of my new gear. I still need to put in: Voom, DVHS deck and my Projector. Right now I have 6 remotes laying on my coffee table and have to do a juggling act every time I switch devices.

The Stone Man said:
Good choice vurbano. It works great.
I guess if the $#%#% thing would ship I might get to find out .LMAO. And if I can get it to set my convergence on my RPTV ill kiss it.

The Stone Man said:
The Star Choice remote doesn't look 100% compatible because it doesn't have the Voom button, but the receiver is the same.

The receivers look similar but are different.

The Starchoice receiver doesn't contain an 8psk decoder, the ATSC OTA decoder, a DVI port, nor will it accept the MPEG4 upgrade.

The Starchoice receiver does contain an ethernet port, and an IR Blaster.

vurbano said:
anyone know what the usb port is for on the voom receiver?

It is for future expansion if Voom chooses to use it. It can be used for many things from a Home media option of being able to stream video or audio to being able to receive guide data and updates from Voom via the internet.

We will have to wait until Voom has an announcement as to what the future holds for the USB port.

Bill

mkm4 right...The Stone Man was wrong

Yes, the boxes are different. In my blurred state before coffee this morning I thought it was a Star Choice 550. Will never post early in the morning without coffee again. Thanks mkm4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts