VOOM Equipment Lease Plan Promotion, $0 upfront on Equipment, $9.90/mth Lease

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dan Berndt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
VOOM for $0 up front????????????????

I just went to the VOOM site and it said $0 up front cost with
VOOM!!!!! The package link won't open yet. What's up with this????

VOOM Website?

not only the $0 up front offer, which is ridicoulus, but they are not advertising 39 hd channels anymore, now its stating over 30 hd channels, is this a hint to us from voom, or i am I reading into it?

Ok, I just found out. This is not stated. They will sign you up and deliver and install everything until March 31st without charging your credit card. If you decide to stay with VOOM, then they will charge your credit card after March 31st. If not, you may return the equipment. If you decide to stay, VOOM will charge your credit card and you can still get you $$$ back guarantee until April 30th.

A better way to say this is $0 charges on equipment until March 31st... They way it is promoted is very misleading...

This also means that finally VOOM is gearing up for heavy promotion. I heard that independent retailers will be on board by March 1st.

It looks like VOOM is not satisfied with customer growth rates and is changing around packages and charges. Perhaps they will have some really attractive offers soon.

How can Voom expect large customer growth if they are not going to give promotions up front on the hardware? They can give away a lot of programming but that is not going to allow some to afford the money upfront. Whatever happened to that lease option they were going to do?

VOOM Lease Plan Promotion?

This was posted by Gary (gwlinn) at the Yahoo Group. I know some of you have been crying wolf about a lease plan. This might be it. Do not take this information as official since CSR information seem to change everytime someone calls but it is a good start.

I had a $749 single drop scheduled for tomorrow. I decided to call Voom to find out if I would be getting "new" equipment or something someone had returned or that had been repaired. Answer was equipment is "generally new", which means nothing.

Without ame asking anything else, the Voom person asked if I would like to hear about a couple of "new" deals:

$0 to install, you are just renting the hardware for an additional fee of $9.50/mo, no minimum length of time. This sounds like an incredibly good deal as it would otherwise take about 6.5 years to amortize the $750 deal (and the equipment you own would be worth dirt). Also, their service warranty is only 2 years so you could be stuck for a big bill before you've amortized the first one. No one should own any of this high tech stuff that goes obsolete ever six months or the FCC obsolete for you. Extra drops are also $9.50/mo BUT you still have to pay $199 per receiver. Didn't ask whether you rent or own if you pay $199 up front. This has to go down sometime, especially if you don't need HD at all drops (which I don't).

Second deal is $499 and this apparently replaces the $749 package and you don't have to have a "certificate" to get it.

Bad news is they accidentally canceled my installation when I called in on the 16th to ask a question. So, I have to wait another week. Think I'll call in a couple of more times next week just to roll the dice.

I happy and this is really fun, like being a pioneer or something.

Gary

Is there an annual commitment with new promo?

I just saw the new Voom Promo, I went to their website, but it does not really provide any details on this new promo. Does anyone know if there is any kind of commitment required. Would this also qualify for the free service until 3/31/04. Would the $9.95 lease fee be free also until the end of March.

Finally, I am a must carry customer for Dish, so I have a dish 500 pointed at 61.5 with only 1 LNB active, can I use this dish and just add the Voom LNB to the open slot on this Dish. I currently have 3 Dished on my house (1 D* & 2 E*), I do not want to add a 4th.

HDTV Rookie said:
I just saw the new Voom Promo, I went to their website, but it does not really provide any details on this new promo. Does anyone know if there is any kind of commitment required. Would this also qualify for the free service until 3/31/04. Would the $9.95 lease fee be free also until the end of March.

Finally, I am a must carry customer for Dish, so I have a dish 500 pointed at 61.5 with only 1 LNB active, can I use this dish and just add the Voom LNB to the open slot on this Dish. I currently have 3 Dished on my house (1 D* & 2 E*), I do not want to add a 4th.

As far as I know there is no commitment on the lease plan (subject to change - csr roulette). Also, I do not know all the details but someone said that it will require customers to star paying immediately - no free programming.

You need two LNBs if you want to keep E*. The dish switch does not work with VOOM.

Sean Mota said:
As far as I know there is no commitment on the lease plan (subject to change - csr roulette). Also, I do not know all the details but someone said that it will require customers to star paying immediately - no free programming.

You need two LNBs if you want to keep E*. The dish switch does not work with VOOM.
I understand I would need the second LNB. My thinking is that they can attach the second LNB to my dish pointing at 61.5 and then just bring the coax in through the existing path through my basement and branch off to whatever switch they may need to set.

I think you will need to take that with the installer. I do not see why they would not do it. Less work for them...

buy or lease and the DVR

Now this game is getting complicated. If we take the $300 credit we get a better deal but what happens when the DVR comes out? Will we have to pay for the upgrade?

I read that there is a $9.95 lease available now (although it looks like VOOM already pulled this offer off their web site). If we lease we won't have to pay the big bucks up front and should be able to get the DVR for just a few dollars a month more but will we have to pay more for the lease in the long run?

I'm really getting confused but I like these options.

Posted by DarthJedi at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3410600#post3410600

I just ordered VOOM for a Saturday the 28th install and the new deal is $0 down free install. The receivers will be $9 per month per receiver + $5 a month to mirror programming to additional receivers. April 1 will be the first billing for programs. When I asked about the DVR they said they just got word that the development on the DVR is a head of schedule ( what ever that means) but no official release date. I am still going to Keep dish for Basic service just so I get the SCIFI channel and locals but once SCIFI is added they are History.

VOOM has changed the website and now it says nothing about the $0 promotion. What does this mean? Don't know but it could be that they are trying to finalize this new promotion.

New offer from Voom started today 2/20

You buy the equipment for $499 plus programming costs
or you lease the equipment for 10.99/mo plus programming costs.
I called and this seems to apply to all locations.

jerryez said:
What happened to the $399 offer that everyone has been talking about.

I do not think this applies anymore. I think from now on you either lease or buy. If you decide to buy it will be $400 +.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)