VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bell over Canada..

IFC Grindhouse FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
I would actually be very happy.

Ok,

Im a Voom nut. Proud of it! Sad they are gone. Absolutely nothing like it.

OasisHD.
I have had it. It is not associted with Voom. Bell has packaged it in it with Fi Fidelity versions of Voom. ( Equator, Rave and Treasure)

Its very nice, similar to HD thearter and Equator.

Bell is almost imposible to get in the states. They have move the footprint almost exlusively over Canada.
I had a nightmare getting both their Sats down here in south florida.

They use the same equipment as dish. Some say that Charlie over at dish made sure that Bell would not infringe on the States.

Not sure its true but this Charlie is a snake. I would not be surprised.

Dish contends that...

Too funny! You title the post "Voom Fact" and then start off by quoting what Dish contends when we know very well Dish is less than above board about anything they do.

I would easily listen to anything Riffjim4069 had to say about it before considering any of your posts.

Just because he dropped Dish does not mean he doesn't know what he is talking about and if you went back and did some research, you would see what he says fits the facts available.

As for nobody picking up Voom therefore Voom is trash not worthy of bandwidth I point you to many excellent programs including Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. Studios and television execs are looking for new ways to make the maximum profit off of the typical viewer and also stiff the writers at the same time. Many new shows are actually ripoffs of British and other international shows and many of the new actors on the tv today are also international. This is the studio's way of taking revenge of those that supported the strike.

You just hate Voom and twist everything to fit that fact regardless of the true nature of programming and content providers.

Too funny! You title the post "Voom Fact" and then start off by quoting what Dish contends when we know very well Dish is less than above board about anything they do.

I would easily listen to anything Riffjim4069 had to say about it before considering any of your posts.

Just because he dropped Dish does not mean he doesn't know what he is talking about and if you went back and did some research, you would see what he says fits the facts available.

As for nobody picking up Voom therefore Voom is trash not worthy of bandwidth I point you to many excellent programs including Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. Studios and television execs are looking for new ways to make the maximum profit off of the typical viewer and also stiff the writers at the same time. Many new shows are actually ripoffs of British and other international shows and many of the new actors on the tv today are also international. This is the studio's way of taking revenge of those that supported the strike.

You just hate Voom and twist everything to fit that fact regardless of the true nature of programming and content providers.

It is funny how blind you are to the facts, you believe what fits what you want.

Fact: Dish complained that Voom failed to spend $100 million annually on the 15 high-def channels as stated in their affiliation agreement.

Fact: Dish informed Voom last year that it would move the 15 HD channels to a less watched programming tier.

Fact: Voom objected to the plan, saying it would reduce its programming fees and jeopardize its business. Following a series of negotiations, Dish informed the programmer that it planned to terminate the agreement entirely.

Fact: Voom decided to file the lawsuit and injunction request, which the court rejected on April 23

Fact: The court said Voom failed to show that it satisfied the spending requirement in the affiliation agreement.

Tell me what is not True in those statements. Or as usual will you not respond when proven wrong.

Still Voom is gone and not coming back.:D

As for nobody picking up Voom therefore Voom is trash not worthy of bandwidth I point you to many excellent programs including Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. Studios and television execs are looking for new ways to make the maximum profit off of the typical viewer and also stiff the writers at the same time. Many new shows are actually ripoffs of British and other international shows and many of the new actors on the tv today are also international.

Actually, Voom never aired Battlestar Galactica or Firefly...those shows were/are aired on Universal HD. The only sci-fi series that I recall being on Voom was on the FamHD channel, and that was the old British show UFO...

Fact: Dish complained that Voom failed to spend $100 million annually on the 15 high-def channels as stated in their affiliation agreement.
It's a fact that Dish claimed Voom failed to spend the money - It is still to be determined if that claim is a fact or not.

Fact: Dish informed Voom last year that it would move the 15 HD channels to a less watched programming tier.
It's a fact that Dish informed Voom of their intent to move the channels - it is still to be determined if they had a legal right to move the channels.

Fact: Voom objected to the plan, saying it would reduce its programming fees and jeopardize its business. Following a series of negotiations, Dish informed the programmer that it planned to terminate the agreement entirely.
It's a fact that Voom objected and that Dish planned to terminate the agreement - it is still to be determined if Dish had a legal right to terminate the contract.

Fact: Voom decided to file the lawsuit and injunction request, which the court rejected on April 23
Fact - but hardly indicative of the eventual outcome on the lawsuit.

Fact: The court said Voom failed to show that it satisfied the spending requirement in the affiliation agreement.
Please provide a cite for this one.

Mario

Voom decided to file the lawsuit and injunction request, which the court rejected on April 23
Why was it rejected?
Because: The court said Voom failed to show that it satisfied the spending requirement in the affiliation agreement.

Actually, Voom never aired Battlestar Galactica or Firefly...those shows were/are aired on Universal HD. The only sci-fi series that I recall being on Voom was on the FamHD channel, and that was the old British show UFO...

I was comparing, not saying that those were on Voom. Studios kill shows like Moonlight all the time and do not care that 8 million viewers wanted to see more. Their national minimum based on stupid Nielsen Families is 12 million viewers. If your favorite show dips below that, watch out. First it will move to a "new" timeslot and then it will be gone.

Voom decided to file the lawsuit and injunction request, which the court rejected on April 23
Why was it rejected?
Because: The court said Voom failed to show that it satisfied the spending requirement in the affiliation agreement.

Dish put the restrictions on Voom that made it impossible to spend the money the way Dish specified. Charlie needed cash to pay off Tivo, so he killed off Voom to save the sub fees. It's obvious to those of us who don't hate.

Dish put the restrictions on Voom that made it impossible to spend the money the way Dish specified. Charlie needed cash to pay off Tivo, so he killed off Voom to save the sub fees. It's obvious to those of us who don't hate.
ummm Charlie is a billonaire .he didnt need to "kill voom" to pay off Tivo..thats an insane arguement

ummm Charlie is a billonaire .he didnt need to "kill voom" to pay off Tivo..thats an insane arguement

Personal wealth and funds from a publicly traded company are two totally separate things.

If he is so wealthy, why don't we have all the Fox channels, Viacom channels, Pay channels AND still have the Voom channels to boot?

Besides, I wasn't arguing.

We can talk about insane though...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)